Something else to worry about

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today's papers are all reporting about a shooting on the Jarabacoa - La Vega road. There was a checkpoint set up by men in DNCD [Dominican drug control] uniforms, and when two genuine PN officers reached the checkpoint they asked what was going on. The imposters killed the lieutenant, then carjacked a Nissan Frontier pickup and fled.

Pistoleros vestidos con uniforme de la DNCD matan teniente; hieren mayor Polic?a Nacional - DiarioLibre.com

Hombres con ropa de la DNCD habr?an matado a un teniente y herido a un mayor de la PN - listindiario.com

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Killing police and military for their weapons is the way most of the "Bad Guys" get armed.
I don't worry anymore.
I just post on DR1 to give others things to worry about!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Today's papers are all reporting about a shooting on the Jarabacoa - La Vega road. There was a checkpoint set up by men in DNCD [Dominican drug control] uniforms, and when two genuine PN officers reached the checkpoint they asked what was going on. The imposters killed the lieutenant, then carjacked a Nissan Frontier pickup and fled.

Pistoleros vestidos con uniforme de la DNCD matan teniente; hieren mayor Polic?a Nacional - DiarioLibre.com

Hombres con ropa de la DNCD habr?an matado a un teniente y herido a un mayor de la PN - listindiario.com

I guess the 200 peso emergency pay off money I keep in my glove box won't be enough for those guys. I will make it 500

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Killing police and military for their weapons is the way most of the "Bad Guys" get armed.
I don't worry anymore.

Well, since these guys were fully dressed in proper uniforms, are they also stealing the uniforms after they shoot them? Geesh.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013

It looks crime is RAMPANT in the DR?
So, they are IMPOSTERS? Very dangerous situation!
It looks the police itself is corrupt, therefore big problem
Good luck to the ones living there! Be careful!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "POLICE" are very often the very ones committing the crimes.
They recently invaded a home in "La Mullata" on the North Coast, and after killing one German guy in a gun battle, and arresting several others, stole 2 safes containing 60 million pesos,about 1.5 million US dollars!
'Who Gonna Call"??????
Cris Colon

vida

Mar 18, 2010
How do the police know they were impostors? Where I live, near Churchill in Santo Domingo, I see many police and military during the day but almost none at night.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I don't worry anymore.

Yet armed civilians are a much easier target. Showing a weapon or talking about being armed is the surest way to get robbed...or killed. Many people fail to realize that in DR.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
How do the police know they were impostors? Where I live, near Churchill in Santo Domingo, I see many police and military during the day but almost none at night.

I got the impression that they didn't KNOW they were impostors. They just stopped to ask them what was going on/the reason for the checkpoint, etc. One of those wrong time/wrong place stories.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I got the impression that they didn't KNOW they were impostors. They just stopped to ask them what was going on/the reason for the checkpoint, etc. One of those wrong time/wrong place stories.

The guy shot is NP from La Vega and not posted in Jarabacoa. I don't know what area they patrol but from the looks of place its part way up the hill, closer to La Vega than Jarabacoa.