10 year old pregnant girl treated in a hospital in san cristobal

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listin diario reports:
Tratan en hospital a ni?a de diez a?os embarazada - listindiario.com

i know this thread will be derailed before we get to page two but nonetheless i wanted to comment... it is DR or latin countries thing, to reach first period so quickly? i only know one girl back home who started menstruating at the age of 8 or 9, she's been having gynecological issues ever since (endometriosis and so on). all other women i know had first period at 14-16.

in any case, fingers crossed for the girl and criatura (i totally love this word, ha ha ha). i hope they both make it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm not sure how common it is, but I vividly remember our daughter needed to start using deodorant when she was 7, and I was shocked. I mentioned it to Mr. AE's sister, who lived nearby at the time, and she said it was typical for Dominicans to develop early.

As regards your post, Mr. AE read about it this morning and his comment was "Someone is going to be in a lot of trouble" when they determine who the father is.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Girls everywhere are reaching puberty earlier. Nine is within the normal range, albeit on the early side.
I get the impression the health authorities are aware of the circumstances but the doctor in the article is withholding the information for reasons of privacy.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
our pharmacy was close to a school and i saw lots of school girls at 12-14 who looked like adult women, all the curves, everything. even their faces were full and not child-like at all. i remember my primary school: most girls very thin. few with any kind of breast, all the rest had chests like two aspirins on the ironing board.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My son's female classmates are 12 and 13 - several already look like teenagers, others still look like little girls. Only one that I can think of was a very early developer. It's as I remember when I was that age.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i feel very sorry for the girl. i do not think she understands well what is happening... :(

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
our pharmacy was close to a school and i saw lots of school girls at 12-14 who looked like adult women, all the curves, everything. even their faces were full and not child-like at all. i remember my primary school: most girls very thin. few with any kind of breast, all the rest had chests like two aspirins on the ironing board.

Or breasts looking like two fried eggs.:D

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
How sad. I hope the rapist rots in jail.

These days lots of boys and girls are hitting puberty early. The pollutants in the environment and hormones added to animals that we eat are thought to be the cause.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
How sad. I hope the rapist rots in jail.

These days lots of boys and girls are hitting puberty early. The pollutants in the environment and hormones added to animals that we eat are thought to be the cause.

And I hope that in jail the same thing that was done to that child will be done to the rapist/ child molester.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I remember watching television in the 80's (20/20) with Hugh Downs and Barbara Walters, where they had a segment about young girls in Puerto Rico experiencing menstrual cycles at ages 9-10. In addition, their bodies bared resemblance to that of teenagers or even grown women. I, regrettably, don't remember clearly what, at that time, was the catalyst. I remember something about a common vaccine being given to the afflicted girls.

The United States performed a lot of experiments on Puerto Ricans and even today they're many pharmaceutical and hi-tech laboratories companies based there.

There are too many sick men in this world: assuming the father isn't a teenager boy (15-16) years old.