Mass poisoning of dogs yesterday in Punta Cana/Bavaro

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
I am putting this on as it has just appeared on my Facebook
Yesterday 37 families living in a secure (swipe card access) residencial block had their dogs poisoned.
This has of course caused great distress to the families in particular the children.
PLEASE if anyone knows anything in relation to who is responsible then do the right thing and tell the police.
Thank you

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
That's horrid! The families need to take precautions as this usually happens when thieves have targeted particular homes before attempting to gain entry.

Last edited:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
That's horrid! The families need to take precautions as this usually happens when thieves have targeted particular homes.

Lost one of mine from intruders. But this appears to be a sick case of mass killings.

Edit: NOT to detract from those that lost dog friends. When we lost ours, we replaced her that day. Judy has a very large need to place a lot of dogs due to a development bought out the owners.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
All this happened in Residencial Bavaro Punta Cana. Lots of people impacted by all this today. I was lucky to have been alerted by a friend early this morning so my three are fine thanks to her. I just hope a child doesn't get a hand on whatever it was the dogs injested and gets sick or worse, dies. The perps even went as far as to throw the poison onto people's balconies. Incredible.

Edited: Rescatame is assisting a vet in finding out exactly what it was that killed the dogs and gathering as much information as possible.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
All this happened in Residencial Bavaro Punta Cana. Lots of people impacted by all this today. I was lucky to have been alerted by a friend early this morning so my three are fine thanks to her. I just hope a child doesn't get a hand on whatever it was the dogs injested and gets sick or worse, dies. The perps even went as far as to throw the poison onto people's balconies. Incredible.

Edited: Rescatame is assisting a vet in finding out exactly what it was that killed the dogs and gathering as much information as possible.
Thanks Kate....I really thought having been alerted that EVERYONE should know about this....your information is far better than mine so thanks again.
Lets hope that this scum element are brought to justice and lets also hope that like you everyone takes as much care of their pets as they possibly can

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Going by the extreme action as to make sure to have poison onto the balconies, reeks as the handyman of a tenant fed up with the dogs barking...
That was a resident 100%...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The flip side of this crime.

We all have read posts about animal problems, the indifference of owners, and the remedies offered by posters that at times recommend taking matters into your own hands.

The flip side of this crime. Many people in the country own dogs for reasons of security and others for the companionship of a devoted animal.

However, some of these dog owners do not act in a responsible manner to control their own behavior or the behavior of their animals. There are conducts where: the dogs are allowed to roam free to accost the public or other animals, defecate or unrinate in all open spaces including private properties, bark incessantly at all times of the day. We have also seen owners walk their animals and allow the animals to soil the pathways, streets, or private properties and not take any measures to clean up.

When the owners are approached regarding the annoying behaviors of their animals they take offense as if it is complainant is the one in the wrong. As we all know Dominican authorities do not or will not get off their arssssesss to remedy any complaint regarding animal behavior, ....add any complaint of any situation.

So the above matter would leave some annoyed people to take extreme measures to rid themselves of the animal aggravations, maybe especially after authorities were consulted and did nothing. The problem as in the case of Residencial Bavaro Punta Cana suggests someone or group frustrated with animal behavior, owners contempt, and authority inaction took matters into their own hands and took extreme measures to rid the residencial of animal nuisances.

This tragedy is double edged, you can sympathize with the dog owners and identify with people who are annoyed by unsupervised/unrestrained animal behavior.

Regards,

PJT

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
We all have read posts about animal problems, the indifference of owners, and the remedies offered by posters that at times recommend taking matters into your own hands.

The flip side of this crime. Many people in the country own dogs for reasons of security and others for the companionship of a devoted animal.

However, some of these dog owners do not act in a responsible manner to control their own behavior or the behavior of their animals. There are conducts where: the dogs are allowed to roam free to accost the public or other animals, defecate or unrinate in all open spaces including private properties, bark incessantly at all times of the day. We have also seen owners walk their animals and allow the animals to soil the pathways, streets, or private properties and not take any measures to clean up.

When the owners are approached regarding the annoying behaviors of their animals they take offense as if it is complainant is the one in the wrong. As we all know Dominican authorities do not or will not get off their arssssesss to remedy any complaint regarding animal behavior, ....add any complaint of any situation.

So the above matter would leave some annoyed people to take extreme measures to rid themselves of the animal aggravations, maybe especially after authorities were consulted and did nothing. The problem as in the case of Residencial Bavaro Punta Cana suggests someone or group frustrated with animal behavior, owners contempt, and authority inaction took matters into their own hands and took extreme measures to rid the residencial of animal nuisances.

This tragedy is double edged, you can sympathize with the dog owners and identify with people who are annoyed by unsupervised/unrestrained animal behavior.

Regards,

PJT

I hope you were joking...

I agree that the owners are responsible for cleaning up the mess made by their dogs. This, however is no excuse to poison the animals. Any person who would poison a dog for that reason, is one sick bastard.

Any of you who want to train their dogs not to eat any food given to them... pm me, and I will tell you how we train our dogs (just to make sure Robert approves... for free)

BelgianK

Seriously PJT you are an asshole to say any of these people's pets deserved to be poisoned. If any of my dogs were and you sad this you would have a SERIOUS PROBLEM! What kind if jerk are you??!!!
RIP to all the Dogs and family's affected by this.
People **** with my Wife, G'ma and animals will have a serious problem on their hands!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
My neighbor's children annoy me, then there's a group farther down that likes to party at all times of the night. You should see them running down the aisles at the store! Certainly you would understand if I took things into my own hands as I'm too annoyed to figure out how else to handle the situation? And because there are a lot of probably guilty children on the street, why don't I get them all just in case.

I'm sure you can identify where I'm coming from right?

Killing animals unnecessarily usually is done by depraved people. So it's really not understandable or excusable.

I hope the "system" that you believe they were frustrated with, gets 'em.

Regards,

PJT

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
PLEASE if anyone knows anything in relation to who is responsible then do the right thing and tell the police.
Thank you[/QUOTE]

Do the right thing and club the scumbags then drag them behind a truck.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
I must say that it is NOT unusual (in the UK) to have neighbours take matters into their own hands when they are annoyed by other peoples pets....tends to be compulsive gardeners poisoning cats....sad gits.
In this case...I hear that this area also had several robberies a few months back.....and as some members have already remarked.....barking dogs are the last thing would be house breakers want....imagine....now there are hardly any dogs left their!!!!!!!
YES this community needs to get their voices heard...they need to band together as a community and have their voices heard loud and clear by every media avenue available....unless communities fight for the right to sleep safely in their beds then IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
We can diss the authorities & the governments....no matter where in the world we live.... and be negative about whether they will take action over such issues...but If enough people shout loud enough their voices will be heard.
I only hope that these families WILL use their voice and not let this cowardly and cruel act go unavenged.
Good Luck to them and I for 1 hope that they come through this.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Going by the extreme action as to make sure to have poison onto the balconies, reeks as the handyman of a tenant fed up with the dogs barking...
That was a resident 100%...

Disclaimer: I love all pets...I do however hate 24/7 hearing dogs barking, it shows a complete lack of respect to the neighbor's as well a lack of attention or caring of your dog. Nonetheless the innocent animals shouldn't be killed for this, the owners however need a wakeup call.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Seriously PJT you are an asshole to say any of these people's pets deserved to be poisoned. If any of my dogs were and you sad this you would have a SERIOUS PROBLEM! What kind if jerk are you??!!!
RIP to all the Dogs and family's affected by this.
People **** with my Wife, G'ma and animals will have a serious problem on their hands!

If you had really read the post PJT did not say at any time the pets deserved to be poisoned. PJT did mention the problem is a double edged sword as there is in this country no viable recourse for people annoyed with poor dog behavior to have remedy other than to take the matter into their own hands, like it or not; welcome to the DR. PJT at one time was a dog owner (two) and is well aware of the responsibility of dog ownership which includes being courteous and mindful of neighbors. However, the I don't give a *shi* culture and attitude of some people in this country a lead to a growth of folks, including dog owners, who have no care of the concerns of others. So, what these dog owners have done by their poor behavior have placed their pets and the pets of responsible owners into jeapody. PJT does not excuse the poisoning.

Also, Harleysrock, it would be nice of you to apologize about your undignified remarks about my person. It is undeserved.

Regards,

PJT

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

Regards,

PJT

As he has pointed out PJT is not advocating killing animals. He is recognizing the mindset of people who are annoyed by animals with irresponsible owners.

I live in a 44 unit building. One neighbor used to walk her poodle on a leash and let the poodle do her business out on the street. One time she was walking the dog in front of me and the poodle dropped it's solid stuff in the parking lot. The owner resumed walking her dog. I asked her if she was going to leave the feces in the parking lot. She ignored me. I told her that other people live in the building and it's her responsibility to pick it up. That woman didn't speak to me for months. She has since moved out.

I wouldn't dream of poisoning her poodle. Because of her contemptuous attitude I had no problem making the neighbor feel uncomfortable.

Another neighbor who lives on the third floor has a poodle who sits in the window and barks at people. She bit several people walking by the window so the owner installed chicken wire. That owner used to let the dog out the door so it could run down to the parking lot and do its business.

I confronted her and she said it does not matter (no importa) with a big smile. I told her that people could step in it or the dog could run out in the street and get run over. The lady stopped letting the dog run loose. She also never walks the dog. Once or twice in the last year I've seen her son walking the dog.

I have a neighbor who has a rottweiler-Doberman mix named Rocky. I chat with him whenever I see him. He took Rocky in when he was a puppy and very sick. He nursed him back to health. He also took in a large female street dog to be Rocky's companion. She and Rocky walk off leash and his 'wife' walks respectfully behind him in an oddly Confucian manner. I chuckle ever time I see it.

I was talking to him recently and Rocky unloaded on the recently landscaped front strip of a building. I asked him if he was going to pick it up and he said 'nobody does'. I told him 'I do' and we left it at that. He walked away and I picked it up and tossed in a waste barrel. We still talk.

I have three dogs and I carry plastic bags when I walk them twice a day. In six years I've seen maybe three other people pick up after their dogs. Two or three people have complimented me on picking up after them. Several people have asked me why I do it. I tell them flies land on this stuff and then go land on someone's food; people step in it as well.

Many people here take good care of their animals. Many are completely irresponsible. The number of pet dogs killed by vehicles in my neighborhood because people left doors open is well into double figures that I know of.

I could go on for days. Don't shoot PJT. Don't shoot the dogs. Don't shoot the owners. Don't shoot whoever poisoned the dogs but do look for creative ways to mess him up good if you figure out who it is. Criss Colon is an expert in such matters. Ice picks can find tires for example.

You can't do bodily harm to him. Would you like a vacation in la Victoria prison? I went inside there once with a friend visiting a friend and believe me you do not want to spend 10 minutes in jail here.

Celt202 has gotten on board with people who make fun of PJT for referring to himself in the third person but Celt202 stands in solidarity with PJT on this one for his thoughtful and broad based analysis of this sad phenomenon and 'don't give *shi* culture'.

Dec 26, 2011
Pollogringo is sad. Dogs are family. But pollogringo thinks La Rubia said it best.

Regards,

Pollogringo

[video=youtube;vtP8rO7kYIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtP8rO7kYIA[/video]

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Celt202 has gotten on board with people who make fun of PJT for referring to himself in the third person but Celt202 stands in solidarity with PJT on this one for his thoughtful and broad based analysis of this sad phenomenon and 'don't give *shi* culture'.

Thanks for the solidarity vote and thanks for not shooting.

Regards,

PJT