Ring Sizes?

vir

Aug 17, 2013
Hello good people,

I was wondering, what kind of ring sizes do they have in Dominican republic? I am planing to marry my long term girlfriend and she has a size 8 but I am not sure if it is the same as the US size.

I appreciate the help!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Besides my usual warning of be careful before you leap and be sure to read **Hillbilly's Three Rules for Marrying/Dating a Dominican**
I can tell you that jewelers around the world use the same scale and guages for measuring fingers.

HB

I tired to find my old post, but I did come across this one which is more complete:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/men-mars-...lden-rules-if-looking-good-dominican-man.html

Read it.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
There are different ways of expressing ring size from country to country. But it's not an issue between US/RD. Best bet is to take a ring that fits her well and use that as your gauge.

Congrats!

vir

Aug 17, 2013
Thanks good people :)

I am positive we will be very happy since I actually did all of those stuff mention in his post. And she's a really good person.

Dec 26, 2011
Thanks good people :)

I am positive we will be very happy since I actually did all of those stuff mention in his post. And she's a really good person.

You just never know. But it's the not knowing that makes life worth living. Best wishes.

Aug 6, 2006
Online stores selling rings offer a paper cutout that can be used to measure ring sizes. So far as I know, there is just one device used to measure rings everywhere, a tapered stick with numbers on it. Eight is an average size for a woman.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't be a fool and ask the woman. i warn you that resizing can be expensive, especially if the ring is from nice gold and has some rich tacky design.

Aug 6, 2006
You could simply say that your fingers or perhaps her fingers look swollen (after going to the beach, soaking in the tub, whatever) and use whatever rings you or she has on to compare the size. Compare your smaller finger size with her larger finger size.

I don't think this is an insurmountable problem.

I admit that it would be a silly idea to use a paper ring sizer in a proposal scheme, unless excessive quantities of booze or some clever ruse were utilized.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
My mom says a woman's ring size is the same as her show size. You can use this a check. Gratz!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
asking the woman if the chick has no idea ruins the surprise!!!

nah!asking someone's hand in marriage is not like telling them you have herpes. there are, like, clues, you know. no one ask a woman out of the blue. incurable romantics should be left in hollywood movies, where they belong. this is normal life.

Dec 26, 2011
nah!asking someone's hand in marriage is not like telling them you have herpes. there are, like, clues, you know. no one ask a woman out of the blue. incurable romantics should be left in hollywood movies, where they belong. this is normal life.

And surprise proposals make normal life more enjoyable.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
nothing is worse surprise than the ring that is too small, too big or downright fragging ugly. just forget the stuff from rom-com and ask.

Apr 13, 2011
Just make sure the size is close. Find a ring she wears on her wedding finger - see where it fits on one of your fingers - then have that size made. If it is real gold or silver, then any jeweler, even in the DR, can re-size it easily after you give it to her.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
nothing is worse surprise than the ring that is too small, too big or downright fragging ugly. just forget the stuff from rom-com and ask.

If she says NO, that would really ruin the surprise, I guess. But we, as usual, digress...

The surprise was the best for us and i did somewhat know her ring finger b/c i did the paper ring thingy and tried to figure out her size, she is small size 5 i think, ended up getting a custom one in the end of what she exactly wanted but it's nice showing a big ass diamond that fits close enough!

I brought my wife to cuba to ask her on the beach and was stressed at the airport they would make me take it out of the box in my pocket. I wasn't letting that thing outta my sight!!!
It was all romance, sunset, beach, music....i would have never asked if i thought she wouldn't say YES!

Most women do like the Romance, that I know anyways!!