12 year old accidentally shoots his 11 year old brother

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Google tranlated

A 12 year old boy kills his brother, 11 to shoot with the shotgun the father
Moved CHILD PRODUCED WHEN THE GUN FIRING AS EXPLAINED THE FATHER OF TWO CHILDREN, WHO IS RETIRED POLICE CAPTAIN

Ramon Urb?ez
Santo Domingo

One child of eleven, the son of a retired police captain, was killed by a shotgun cartuchazo by a twelve year old brother, who allegedly manipulated the shotgun accidentally went off, police said.

The child died in the hospital's maternity Mina where he was taken by his family.

The children's father, Captain Ramon Cuevas Castillo, 47, lives with his family in the neighborhood of Colonia del Ozama, in
Google translated
Sabana Perdida, where the tragedy occurred.

The shotgun, 12 gauge, had been assigned to the master using a form 25 by the Police Headquarters.

According to the details of the information, the 12 year old was moving his gun from one place to another and it was in those circumstances when the weapon fired wounding his brother, as their father said.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It always amazed me the lack of common sense some have when it comes to keeping a gun locked away safely. When my son was young a family member wanted him to stay a week in the campo for a vacation. The day I took him I noticed the uncle had left his gun (he was military) just laying on the bed. The house was full of kids. Needless to say my son did not stay. I was however meet with rather "rude" looks when I questioned why the gun was left just laying out in a house full of kids. This is a sad reminder of what happens when gun safety is overlooked.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I wonder if the father who just so happens to be a retired capitan will be prosecuted, it was negligence on his part. But knowing how things work in the DR, I doubt it. It will be ruled an accident, nada mas.:tired:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think we are closing on the 60 "accidental" deaths of children this year: shoot, drowned, burnt in a fire. this is two a week. all due to the negligence on parents part. no one ever gets prosecuted for this, locked up, punished. and i don't want to hear that the families have been punished enough by the death alone. they have not. they don't care. if they did care they will not have loaded guns withing child's reach, they will not leave the kids unattended, let them go swimming with friends knowing none of them can swim, leave them at home with a burning candle while drinking beer in a colmado. the list is endless.

Reasonable Man

Dec 23, 2011
i think we are closing on the 60 "accidental" deaths of children this year: shoot, drowned, burnt in a fire. this is two a week. all due to the negligence on parents part. no one ever gets prosecuted for this, locked up, punished. and i don't want to hear that the families have been punished enough by the death alone. they have not. they don't care. if they did care they will not have loaded guns withing child's reach, they will not leave the kids unattended, let them go swimming with friends knowing none of them can swim, leave them at home with a burning candle while drinking beer in a colmado. the list is endless.

As someone who spent all their childhood summers in the Dominican Republic, when I look back at it now, the fact that I'm alive is astounding. When I was a kid in DR, I was pretty much left up to my own devices, I'd play on the roof of the houses, go down to the river, and just **** around, do all kinds of **** that kids shouldn't be doing, and no one once questioned my whereabout or comings, and goings.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you know, kids need to have childhood. i also did pretty much as i pleased, running to play outside unsupervised. but that was at the ripe age of 8 or 10 when i had house keys on a string around my neck and a tiny bit of brains. the issue is that most of the accidents here happen to children around 2 who should not be left alone. and in one case of a small boy who fell into a cistern and drowned it was a second deadly accident in the same home, in the same cistern.