Residency/Cedular Renewal Cost

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
What is the going rate for RESIDENCY/CEDULA RENEWAL?

We paid $900 each for the initial Residency/Cedular last year.

Many thanks.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it depends, are they still valid? i paid 8000 pesos for residency (valid for 4 years) and 4000 for cedula (also 4 years). residency renewed last year in october or so, cedula this year, in april.
there is a fine for late renewal, 700 pesos per month for residency and 400 or 500 a month for residency (someone can confirm the number).

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
They're both valid, not due for another month, we will be using a lawyer for the visit, I just wanted an idea on what different lawyers charge for their knowledge.
The lawyer I used initially charges the same fee for renewal as the initial procedure.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
That is identical to my experience with Guzman Ariza, the preferred legal firm of this forum. The cost to renew my permanent residency was $US2000. I did not need a renewal of my cedula this will no doubt require a further fee next year.

They're both valid, not due for another month, we will be using a lawyer for the visit, I just wanted an idea on what different lawyers charge for their knowledge.
The lawyer I used initially charges the same fee for renewal as the initial procedure.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010

Hi, I'm renewing next month, both my Provisional Residency and Cedula for the first time. My attorney in Santo Domingo is charging me RD$19,000 total cost for same day renewal. I just sit and they do the work! Hope this helps. Have a good day! :classic:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Hi, I'm renewing next month, both my Provisional Residency and Cedula for the first time. My attorney in Santo Domingo is charging me RD$19,000 total cost for same day renewal. I just sit and they do the work! Hope this helps. Have a good day! :classic:

That's a good price, even considering they'll be pretty much doing the same as you - sit and wait. You still need to go to the clinic to get the medical exam, though, whose results won't be ready the same day.
But the total fees are about RD$ 13,000, so an extra 6,000 is a reasonable attorney's fee, even if it's only for sitting around for a couple of hours...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a lawyer would do the same thing for few people so his couple of hours sitting down and waiting is worth a lot more than that with the fees for several folks in play. and i think the renewal fees for provisional residency/cedula are actually lower, since you cannot renew for four years yet?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
That's a good price, even considering they'll be pretty much doing the same as you - sit and wait. You still need to go to the clinic to get the medical exam, though, whose results won't be ready the same day.
But the total fees are about RD$ 13,000, so an extra 6,000 is a reasonable attorney's fee, even if it's only for sitting around for a couple of hours...

I renewed my provisional back in April, I didn't have to do any Medical exams, blood etc. this time around, just new pics and a bunch of lineups etc that the lawyer dealt with. was about $500. If I ever tried doing myself I am sure my lawyer will mysteriously have lost all my past information etc.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I used Guzman Ariza law firm and aquire my First Resdencia & Cedula in May 2012 at a total cost of $1650 USD. All went fine and there was no unexpected surprise. I must mention though that Guzman Ariza office in Santo Domingo seems to have a big turn over of staff as I started the process with one lawyer and finish with a third lawyer but all 3 lawyers were professionals and just proceeded.
Now the surprise is that I received a quote for $1785 USD (Total cost) for the renewal (Residencia & Cedula). I find this expensive and in search of another reliable law firm.
I wrote today for a quote(Total cost) from Holt & Abreu Immigration Services that also advertise on this web site.
Has anyone used Holt & Abreu, if so How did it go?
Can anyone recommend another Lawyer with a good track record?
Moderator I am replying to this thread but feel free to move it to the legal section if its is where it should go.
XTraveller

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
RESIDENCIA DEFINITIVA ADULTOS:
011 Deposito y pago de expedientes, (carnet de adulto), Residencia Definitiva 7,600.00 1,000.00
013 Atrasos (por cada mes de vencimiento de la residencia definitiva) 400.00 -
014 Examenes Medicos, (Adulto), Residencia Definitiva 4,500.00 -
HERE ARE THE COSTS FOR RENOVATION OF RESIDENCY 100 pesos for document u pick up at booth, 7600 p for renewal ,1000 more pesos for VIP ( pick up same day) service, 400 pesos monthly late fee ( i think you get 30 days after deadline to renew without a penalty) and medical is 4500 p) And for renwal of CEDULA I BELIEVE IS 2000 pesos ( YOU CANNOT RENEW BEFORE DUE DATE) where as residency you can). It 700 pesos a month i believe for late cedula renewal . the cedula renewal is so easy to ,renew ... With some preparation both can be done without lawyer. The cedula renewal is not at the same place as the residency renewal building for. Those that have not done this before....RETIREMENT RESIDENCY ONLY VALID FOR TWO YEARS ...there seem to several types of residency available

Last edited:

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
also here is location of office for cedula renewal .......JCE for extranjeros is on avenida luperon, just round the corner from the main JCE office on plaza de las banderas. easy to find. after you arrive they check if your cedula is expired... Its really easy ,

Tungsten

Sep 5, 2013
www.abreuimmigration.com
I used Guzman Ariza law firm and aquire my First Resdencia & Cedula in May 2012 at a total cost of $1650 USD. All went fine and there was no unexpected surprise. I must mention though that Guzman Ariza office in Santo Domingo seems to have a big turn over of staff as I started the process with one lawyer and finish with a third lawyer but all 3 lawyers were professionals and just proceeded.
Now the surprise is that I received a quote for $1785 USD (Total cost) for the renewal (Residencia & Cedula). I find this expensive and in search of another reliable law firm.
I wrote today for a quote(Total cost) from Holt & Abreu Immigration Services that also advertise on this web site.
Has anyone used Holt & Abreu, if so How did it go?
Can anyone recommend another Lawyer with a good track record?
Moderator I am replying to this thread but feel free to move it to the legal section if its is where it should go.
XTraveller

Holt & Abreu now goes under the name Abreu & Associates Immigration Services and they charge US$800.00 for renewal of provisional residency including the cedula renewal.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
For goodness sake do all renewals yourself, if your Spanish isn't up to it, take along a friend who also speaks Spanish. My Spanish is by no means perfect (ha ha). The staff at the offices are incredibly helpful. Save yourself a lot of money.