Apple service in DR

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was surprised today while going to I-zone in Agora to get a new Magsafe adaptor for my laptop. I bought the laptop in Best Buy - Miami in February, the adaptor was not always working so well, but I could manage, this weekend it really took me a while to be able to charge it. Went to the store to get a new one, but the guy told me he would check if it was guarantee.

Surprisingly it is! that saves me USD85. Only downside is that I have to leave the adaptor at the store and wait two weeks for the replacement, so I'll have to borrow an adaptor somewhere. But I didn't expect the apple guarantee would apply at a third party seller in DR.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
That is because I-Zone has a contract with apple to representate the brand in the Dominican Republic. There are another store branch in Santo Domingo that are also authorized representative in Santo Domingo, I forgot the name now.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I was surprised today while going to I-zone in Agora to get a new Magsafe adaptor for my laptop. I bought the laptop in Best Buy - Miami in February, the adaptor was not always working so well, but I could manage, this weekend it really took me a while to be able to charge it. Went to the store to get a new one, but the guy told me he would check if it was guarantee.

Surprisingly it is! that saves me USD85. Only downside is that I have to leave the adaptor at the store and wait two weeks for the replacement, so I'll have to borrow an adaptor somewhere. But I didn't expect the apple guarantee would apply at a third party seller in DR.

A few years ago I had an Apple laptop I purchased in New York Apple store swapped out in the DR due to an issue. They didn't even bother to open it up, they checked the guarantee, all was good and gave me a new one. Should be a post on DR1 with all the details as I recall.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
There's a Mac store in a new mall, one that opened about 6 months ago. I don't know the name of the store or mall. The store sells Mac accessories and computers. I don't know if they are authorized or do repairs. Yes, I'm totally worthless.

Makinater

May 4, 2013

Off topic again, as in many other threads, but ?gora is wonderful. We were there today to complete the process of opening a bank account. Did some shopping and finished the tour at the mall with a dinner at 3 Mariachis. Go for the Chimichanga, it's a killer dish.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Out of curiosity, where do you "Mac guys" buy your Macs? I mean those of you living permanently in the DR. Do you buy online (if so, from which site) or do you buy in those store above mentioned (i-Zone, Punto Mac) in the DR?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Out of curiosity, where do you "Mac guys" buy your Macs? I mean those of you living permanently in the DR. Do you buy online (if so, from which site) or do you buy in those store above mentioned (i-Zone, Punto Mac) in the DR?
On my scarce trips to the US and preferably an open box item for Best Buy.