US tel number with sms function

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Does anybody know a service where i could apply for US tel# with sms function?
For ordering online i would need it. Never before i was asked about the sms notification function,
but the supplier added this for his security purpose.
I found it really crazy because i am client since more than 10 years but what i can i do..... the supplier
added this function for general online order.

Feb 7, 2007
try Anveo.com they have SMS notification for US numbers.
But you have to top up at least US$20 to start.

Feb 7, 2007
Oh another option that just ocurred to me.

Google Voice accepts SMS messages.

Get a US number (vonage, magicjack, even a free number via callcentric.com)
Then get a Google Voice number forwarded to that first number (you will need to have access to the first number as Google Voice will call you to verify the first number is valid and working)
Then you get GV number active, and when an SMS message is sent to that number you will get it by email.

As a side note -> you MUST sign up for GV number (voice.google.com) ONLY through a US proxy server, if you do not show US IP address when signing up you will not get the service.

Feb 7, 2007
The process I mentioned above, is pretty much explained here (callcentric + GV)

Get A Free US Phone Number For Verifications | Digital Information World

The difference is that now you do not need to get ipkall number, you just get callcentric account, and then you order a FREE new York state based phone number to which you forward your GV number. This is in case you already do nto have US based phone number via a different service (Vonage, Lingo, Magicjack, etc.). In that case just proceed to getting GV number, registering for it usinga proxy/VPN/etc. with a U.S. IP address.