Recommend a doctor or clinic where to get tonsils removed

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hi everyone! I am finally ready to get rid of the tonsils, im on NC, SD is too far from me, cant leave my chameleon home alone, need to feed him live bugs everyday.
So do you think la doctora in Burnigal clinic in puerto plata will do a good job or i better look elsewhere?
How can i get consulta and surgery done in one day, is it possible? If i go to Santiago, is there any way to make an appointment with a doc and be sure ill get operated same day or next morning?

Im really scared of local doctors... I mean one day they did not notice a compression fracture of my spine bone and sent me home saying im fine...

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Pm Hillbilly for the contact details for his foster son, Dr Estevez, who operated on my throat post shooting. Excellent job. I cant see you will get it done in one day though. One day for consult and medical (heart and blood) checks, then another for the operation.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
pre surgery check can be done at leisure. my surgery was kinda... in the anti-throat, so to speak. i went to the general doctor (mejia in clinica brugal) for the paper to various labs. tested blood, urine, EKG and chest x-ray. few days later i took all those results to santiago for my surgery. i had hysterectomy, quite a complicated and painful thing but still i was out of the hospital within 24 hours. i guess with tonsils you could also be kept overnight.

i suggest you do all tests in POP and then arrange for the procedure in santiago. feed the bugger in the morning, go to santiago, come back next day and feed the beast in the evening. what do you think?

Winkeladvocat

Oct 14, 2012
It is very hard to recommend anybody in the Domin Rep., however, in Santiago there is a really good "otorrinologo" called Dr. Eddy Estevez. He has been our "family doctor" for years for anything that has to do with nose, throat ears, etc. He performed the surgery removing the tonsils of my daughter and i know there we are in good hands. Let me know if u want contact details.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you have an insurance it is worth to see dr mejia (or any other GP with electrocardiogram). say you are scheduled to have this and that surgery and he will know what tests to send you for. blood, urine and poo can be done across the street and x-ray in the same building. you pay up and pick up the results the same day. very easy. they will be valid for a while but i would suggest you have your procedure within a week. the test are there to check general health.

Winkeladvocat

Oct 14, 2012
Of course give me the contacts! And thanks dv8 for ideas!

OK, Dr. Estevez used to work at the Centro Medico Cibao (Santiago), but he had been in the process of moving to the HOMS last time I went there in 2011. I just checked the HOMS homepage (Inicio) and saw his name on their list of physicians (Otorhinolaryngologists). So just call the hospital 829-947-2222 and ask to be transferred to his secretary for an appointment.