My first project - North Coast time lapse

miozio

May 23, 2009
I started this time lapse project in April, it is not finished yet but please let me know what you think.

[video=vimeo;72838060]https://vimeo.com/72838060[/video]

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
wow!

Most of the parts lend themselves well to this technique but I found when there were critters in the scenes their herky jerky movements were disconcerting. The guy with the flashlight has to go to (just hide him, the effect is quite nice). The cloud scenes and sunsets were just WOW! What you need to get is the full moon rising out of the ocean,- wish I could figure out when that is going to happen so I could paste myself on the shore and get dehydrated from drooling.

Bravo!

miozio

May 23, 2009
Many thanks... I hope to finish it by Christmas, it should work as a present for my wife :) Any suggestions for some scenic places?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
One of the most impressive videos on the DR I've seen.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I put it in 3 places on FayBoo, and once on another forum...

miozio

May 23, 2009
I put it in 3 places on FayBoo, and once on another forum...
Thanks Cobraboy! When I finish this film, I will pm you the link with a full hd downloadable version if you have an HDTV, because the quality on Vimeo is much much worse than the original.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Thanks Cobraboy! When I finish this film, I will pm you the link with a full hd downloadable version if you have an HDTV, because the quality on Vimeo is much much worse than the original.
I have a similar problem with a HD project we did.

Vimeo (and youtube) have to compress files to make them manageable. That's why your source files look so much better than on Vimeo. But Vimeo is about as good as it gets.

recycle

Jun 28, 2012
In order to have smooth timelapse camera movements you should google for "timelapse rail" and "timelapse egg timer"

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Wow, absolutely breath taking !!! Beautiful and soo relaxing...
That's great, can't wait to see more...