bisquick in jose luis supermarket

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you americanos were talking so much about this thing i bought it when i saw it. not sure whether this is a staple in jose luis or new arrival. 80-90 pesos per pack.
what do i do with it now? i know, bake, but what later? is it like bread? can i make a sandwich with it? eat it with some dip? with gravy? alone?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You can make pancakes, coffee cakes, cheddar cheese biscuits or plain. Use it to
make breaded chicken fingers. Dumplings, fruit cobblers. The possibilities are
endless!:)

dv8, on the back of the box there should be some recipes to get you started.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
omg. that site... is this cooking with mama june or what?

any ideas for 5 minute breakfast? can i use it instead of bread? to eat with fried egg or something? simple, like?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bisquick Pierogi
Pierogi recipe

Dough:
3 cups Bisquick Pancake Mix
5 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups water

Combine dough ingredients. Using a fork, stir from center of above mixture, then finish with your hands. Add more flour or water as needed to achieve a velvety-type of dough. Lightly knead the dough with quarter turns (8-10 turns). Put dough in bowl, cover, and put in warm place. Let rise for at least 30 minutes.

Punch down dough. Roll out only small amount of dough at a time. Using 3 1/4-inch cutter, cut circles from dough. Use plenty of flour on counter before putting down the filled pierogi. Cover with paper or cloth if starting to dry.

To boil: Fill large pot with water, adding 1 tablespoon salt and 2-3 tablespoons oil. Bring to a rolling boil. Place a few pierogis in water. Stir from bottom, bring back to boil. Reduce to a slow boil. Boil for 4 minutes at most, turning them over into the water a few times. Drain into colander. Brush on melted butter or margarine.

Cheese Filling:
1 pound carton dry curd cottage cheese
1 tablespoon salt
1 beaten egg

Squeeze water out of cottage cheese by twisting in a piece of clean cloth. Place in bowl and add salt and egg. Mix well. Press down firmly and refrigerate.

Enough for approximately 3-4 dozen.

Serve with sour cream. Top with sauteed onions and margarine.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I bought the Betty Crocker book on how to make endless recipes using the mix.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
omg. that site... is this cooking with mama june or what?

any ideas for 5 minute breakfast? can i use it instead of bread? to eat with fried egg or something? simple, like?

pancakes - simple.

May 29, 2006
Makes great pancakes, also use for dredging chicken tenders for chicken finger and for fried chicken or calamari. For fried chicken I use half Bisquick and half crushed corn flakes. Good for cut biscuits. I use a white wine glass as a cutter after rolling it out to about 1/2". Mix with some Corn meal and a bit of sugar for cornbread.. etc, etc...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i bought cheese and garlic mix. no muffin cups but i am thinking i could do one bigger pie in a pan? or just biscuits for starters, adding some more cheese and an onion? what d'ya think?

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
i bought cheese and garlic mix. no muffin cups but i am thinking i could do one bigger pie in a pan? or just biscuits for starters, adding some more cheese and an onion? what d'ya think?

You can do it like a pie, that's fine.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Biscuits!!!

Tons of recipes out there.

A google of "Bisquick recipes" yields about 3,930,000 results...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sounds interesting, cooking with packets, never heard of that before. i will start from simple bake with a bit of grated extras. will report tomorrow how did it go.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have a great recipe for a Strada, can be made ahead of time and then just put into the oven. Easy as can be and with whatever you like veggie wise. Recipe follows:

4 EGGS,
2 CUPS OF MILK,
1/2 CUP BISQUICK,
1/4 TEAS. SALT, PEPPER, AND NUTMEG.
SPRAY AN 8" PIE PAN (GLASS) WITH PAM OR USE OLIVE OIL OR BUTTER.

ALTERNATELY PLACE 1/2 CUP EACH DIFFERENT TYPES OF CHEESE, HAM, BROCCOLI, OR OTHER GOODIES (EQUALING 1 1/2 CUPS) IN PAN.

POUR BISQUICK MIXTURE OVER ALL.

BAKE 325 FOR 50 MINUTES.

CAUTION: OVERFILLING PAN WITH THESE INGREDIENTS WILL CAUSE MIXTURE TO OVERFLOW INTO OVEN.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Bisquick use the recipe on back for drop bisquits, serve warm with some jelly or jam yum yum......my mom used to make a simple breakfast treat, cinnamon rolls.....follow the rollout dough recipe....roll it as flat as you can...melt some butter so you can brush it on the dough...mix cinnamon and sugar and whatever else you like, raisins, nuts...sprinkle this on generously after putting the melted butter on..roll the dough over and over until you have a long roll (giant cigar) then slice into one inch pieces put each individual piece on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes...instant cinnamon rolls