SD to Lago Enriquillo

E

Esthele

Can someone tell me how many time does it take to go with a car (not in bus) to:
- Lago Enriquillo from Santo Dominguo
- and after go to Las Terenas from Lago Enriquillo via la cordillera central (and not SD).
Thanks

K

Keith

Unless road conditions have changed dramatically over the last two years, the SD-Enriquillo trip will take you about 3 hrs by car. I have no idea about the Enriquillo/Las Terenas segment -- not even sure that you can safely do it by car without returning to the SD area.
Best Regards,
Keith

H

Henry

Santo Domingo Lake Enriquillo can be done in morning hours with 2 hrs drive, but calculate more as it is probably an unknown terrain to you!

To drive from lake Enriquillo to Las Terrenas everybody normally would take the road via Santo Domingo, but you may can try it, - depending on your car - via San Jose de Ocoa and Piedra Blanca, but it might be a little rough! I did it tree years ago and with my four weel drive, but others do it with their car (If you have a rental, you might run into problems, when you retourn the car!)

The time for this trip via San Jose de Ocoa to Las Terrenas is at least 8 hours!

Good luck!

Henry

K

Keith

Oh, I know it can be done in 2 hrs -- I have a cousin that gets to Duverge (by the southern part of the Lake) in two hours, but his driving style scares me silly, and I would not recommend it to someone not familiar with the route & Dominican driving conditions, so I told Esthele 3.
Best Regards,
Keith

T

Tom F.

You can also go the San Jose de Ocoa to Constanza and then to the main highway. A better road than Piedra Blanca road, but still not for all vehicles.

J

John

if it takes 8 hours Lago enriquillo-las terrenas going throught san jose ocoa, in my opinion it would be smart to return to santo domingo (2 hours), drive to las terrenas (3.5 to 4 hours) and you are driving in better and safe road conditions.

H

Henry

According to my latest news the road from Ocoa to Constanza is not even suiteable for 4 weel drivers! Anyone who nows better?!?

Henry