Another Murder in La Mulata ??

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
There are reports circulating that another murder occurred in la Mulata tonight- It was the murder of a german national . No other information is yet available but it comes from two different sources.

Watch for this news !

Olly and the team

Iam so happy i NEVER bought any expencive property down here.

Even years back i laughed when i saw property for sale "in-the-hills-of-sosua".

It is so easy for the locals to kill someone now, because they know there is only a microscopic chance to be caught if they leave no witnesses alive. And it is just a Gringo, they cant do anything- if they do THEY get arrested and THEY had to pay money. So even the police will make money on every victim.

And there will always land new planes here with new future victims.

Its like shooting fish in a barrel for them.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
If this is true it is sad to hear. La Mulata is a nice place. But seems to be having a major crime problem. That huelga might be a good idea.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
That huelga might be a good idea.

No, but asking for a meeting with the Mayor, Chief and new Tourism Minister wouldn't hurt. You might have to be persistent to get all three to sit down with you all together, but I'm sure they'd listen.

If you really made an effort, you could get a huge gringo turnout.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I guess the townspeople of Sosua will have to decide. Actually I think that decision may already have been made....witness the more recent crackdown on the sex trade activity in the area.
Where there is sex trade, there is money, there are drugs and there is organized crime. That is just a fact of life.
There are winners and losers.
There is conflict.
There is pain and there is death.
No big surprises.
But the same people cannot then argue for AND against.
Decisions, decisions, decisions.

jilly777

Jul 17, 2013
No, but asking for a meeting with the Mayor, Chief and new Tourism Minister wouldn't hurt. You might have to be persistent to get all three to sit down with you all together, but I'm sure they'd listen.

If you really made an effort, you could get a huge gringo turnout.
The more support there is...the louder the voice.....leads to publicity & no one likes negative publicity where tourism is concerned....I agree with ctrob that a meeting (public would be best) is a good start....good luck & I am sure that there will be massive support on dr1

gonzo two

Banned
Jan 13, 2010
could we elaborate on what is supposed to have happened some of us have German friends in the area

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I guess the townspeople of Sosua will have to decide. Actually I think that decision may already have been made....witness the more recent crackdown on the sex trade activity in the area.
Where there is sex trade, there is money, there are drugs and there is organized crime. That is just a fact of life.
There is conflict.
No big surprises.

The problem is that in their heavy-handed efforts to "clean up" the town (which will never succeed, in my opinion), they are throwing many people out of work. So far, they have recently closed Passions night club, El Toro (a big bar) a hotel (I believe) many massage parlours and even manicure/pedicure places on the beach. The people working at these places have lost their jobs and adding to unemployment will never reduce crime.

If they really want to change the town's image, they need to have a carefully thought-out strategy to do it gradually and constructively. I don't think they have the imagination or financial backing from the government to do it properly, so after causing a lot of chaos things will soon revert to normal.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The problem is that in their heavy-handed efforts to "clean up" the town (which will never succeed, in my opinion), they are throwing many people out of work. So far, they have recently closed Passions night club, El Toro (a big bar) a hotel (I believe) many massage parlours and even manicure/pedicure places on the beach. The people working at these places have lost their jobs and adding to unemployment will never reduce crime.

If they really want to change the town's image, they need to have a carefully thought-out strategy to do it gradually and constructively. I don't think they have the imagination or financial backing from the government to do it properly, so after causing a lot of chaos things will soon revert to normal.

Unfortunately you are probably correct on all accounts.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Yes but what happens downtown (prostitution, drugs...) is different than what concerns residential area like La Mulata. What I
meant is that the La Mulata residents should gather and organize within an association (or something close) to raise their voice when talking to the authorities. A public reunion where the mayor would be invited would be a good idea, for a start

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

You're right...........
If it were easy it would have been fixed already.
And you are also right that the people who have been charged to deal with things like this are not necessarily dealing in the best of faith...
So it all comes back to the people.
Ain't life grand.
Avarice rules the world.
Down with avarice.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is conflict.
No big surprises.

Good observation. Prostitution attracts criminal elements, period.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Prostitution is an issue but it does not concern all the residents of La Mulata. Far from that...

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
We are working on it.........
Yes but what happens downtown (prostitution, drugs...) is different than what concerns residential area like La Mulata. What I
meant is that the La Mulata residents should gather and organize within an association (or something close) to raise their voice when talking to the authorities. A public reunion where the mayor would be invited would be a good idea, for a start

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Prostitution is an issue but it does not concern all the residents of La Mulata. Far from that...
May be true, but it may also bring "that element" into the neighborhood.

One doesn't have to do crack to be affected by a crack house or crack addicts in the neighborhood...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

I'm not stating that prostitution is an issue in La Mulata.

Prostitution is an issue for Sosua and the surrounding areas like La Mulata because it attracts criminal elements.

Last edited: