Hernia Operation Info Needed

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Is there any groups who do surgeries (hernia) for free? I know of one 9 year old girl who needs this done, she is in Puerto Plata.

Any leads/more info would be helpful!

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I don't know about free - I have helped a couple of men get surgery for hernia at the semi-private hospital in Montellano PSS. There is a general surgeon there - cost was about 12000RD after necessary preop testing, which is around 2500RD +/-

Better than public hospital but not a pricey as a private clinic. You may be able to negotiate a better price .....

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There is a Gov. hospital, HOSPITAL RICARDO LIMARNO, in POP that IF she qualifies, would be covered by the National Insurance. It's on the south side of the main road where Aveneda Jose E. Kounhardt intersects.

This is where the young man Ramon is that they had to amputate is leg using the National insurance. I've heard of no complaints from those that visit and providing the nursing and support for Ramon.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
HOSPITAL RICARDO LIMARNO
You can copy the below and paste onto Google Earth for location.

19?47'8.26"N 70?41'18.76"W

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am in the process of organizing an "operativo" that will take place at the Hospital Ricardo Limardo in Puerto Plata early next year. Most of the surgeries performed will be by gynecological surgeons, but a general surgeon is also scheduled to participate.

The public hospital will charge a small fee for the surgery, but those who are treated by the visiting group will not be charged. This is the same group that carried out a clinic in February of 2012 with the permission and blessing of Salud P?blica.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I am in the process of organizing an "operativo" that will take place at the Hospital Ricardo Limardo in Puerto Plata early next year. Most of the surgeries performed will be by gynecological surgeons, but a general surgeon is also scheduled to participate.

The public hospital will charge a small fee for the surgery, but those who are treated by the visiting group will not be charged. This is the same group that carried out a clinic in February of 2012 with the permission and blessing of Salud P?blica.

Excellent La Profe. I remember very well when we met on your return to the D.R. after your very saver injuries. You had to work hard just to move around that afternoon and your pain was noted.

I'm so glad to see you posting again that tells me that you are still ... here and doing what you wanted to do.

:)

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
Is there anyway that she would qualify to have services by the group? I do not think she qualifies for any type of health insurance, she is Haitian and mother in unemployed.

Would love to have a medical mission look after her if that is a possibility.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
The hospital staff will set up the surgery schedule, but there are ways to manage to get her included, if the general surgeon does participate.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Is there any groups who do surgeries (hernia) for free? I know of one 9 year old girl who needs this done, she is in Puerto Plata.

Any leads/more info would be helpful!

Sent you an email re: availability of general surgeon in Puerto Plata for free treatment.