Help me find this place, somewhere in Samana

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
These were the directions I received to get there:

Carretera de Saman? Km # 3. They have to cross the Toll booth, then will find a gas station, the RH is the next building after the gas station at the right of the highway.

I'm unsure what the RH is referring to also, I have some family coming in doing some mission work and I want to meet them, I will be going there from Santiago, thanks in advance for any info you have regarding those directions.

Sep 4, 2012
There are plenty toll both in the highway to Samana, I mean, many. In fact, you will spend close to 1K just in tolls. More if crossing over to LT, that one alone is about 400.00 one way.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I don't think that we are going to be able to help you, Sayonra. We do not know WHERE on the Carretera they are starting.. km 3 sounds like they are starting from Santo Domingo. There is a big Texaco station where everyone seems to stop on the road near the turn off to Bayaguana.. but I would think that is more than 3 km? and I do not know what FH means.

Can you ask for further information?

Does this start from SD? Is the station a Texaco? What does RH stand for? Maybe it is a type of Church or something? that would help. Name of the nearest town at the gas station?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
"Or it just means right hand"

"...the RH is the next building after the gas station at the right of the highway."

Don't think so... :)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Ok guys, I called a contact they had here in the DR and got a few more clues.. This place seems to be a little bit remote perhaps..

I know they are close to SD because the guy told me to go from Santiago to SD, he said to get on Carretera Samana and I would instantly be at km #4, the place I am referring to is called centro de reformacion juvenil integral I believe, Can anyone help me further? Also thanks for everyone who tried before, I really want to see my uncle but this is proving to be quite complicated.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is simple..... the first toll booth at the south end of the tollroad - near SDQ.... just past there is a new gas station..... keep going north and watch on the right -- big building with a wall and huge closed gate

ON THE RIGHT (EAST) SIDE.....

Its about 2-3 yrs old.... it says juvenile on it

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
This is simple..... the first toll booth at the south end of the tollroad - near SDQ.... just past there is a new gas station..... keep going north and watch on the right -- big building with a wall and huge closed gate

ON THE RIGHT (EAST) SIDE.....

Its about 2-3 yrs old.... it says juvenile on it

Hi thanks WW, I owe you bigtime for this, I made an image just so I can clarify where I am going, I would HATE to get lost in Santo Domingo even though we love visiting.. I marked some spots on map so I can be sure which highway to get on so I can just input it into GPS.

144a3cw.png

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
easiest thing to do is just get on the highway and ask. There are police at every toll gate and they will know what you are talking about. They are really helpful.

It has been a while since I drove the road and do not know where if there is a new gas station or what. but you are not going to be remote if you are just there at km 4 or something.. just take it easy

the trickiest part of the whole thing is finding the entrance to the highway.. which if you are going out of SD is on the LEFT of the road as you go out to the airport and UNDER a Tunnel and not well market.

The problem is that it is an exit from the fast lane so eveyone is crowding up behind you..

I just put on my blinkers to tell them that I am a gringa loca and slow down because i have missed the turn more than once and I know where I am going.

But is does not actually sound like this is in Samana? More like Guerra? Sounds like more of the outskirts of SD.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
MA is right, just be careful - its a small sign and a left off the highway exit, down and left under the roadway then left again up the ramp...
Toll road is immediately on your right.

Can't remember if your target is before or after the first overpass - I think after.

Big new gas bomba on the right and your building is a short distance past that.

Get the name of the place and ask at the gas or toll to be sure if you feel lost

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
MA is right, just be careful - its a small sign and a left off the highway exit, down and left under the roadway then left again up the ramp...
Toll road is immediately on your right.

Can't remember if your target is before or after the first overpass - I think after.

Big new gas bomba on the right and your building is a short distance past that.

Get the name of the place and ask at the gas or toll to be sure if you feel lost

So is it Autopista Juan Pablo II that goes north from Las Americas highway?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
if you can get into the collector lanes above/north of Las Americas highway its easier.

Watch for a big MotoCaribe bus at the entrance