Musica - SiriusXM.. in RD

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This may be new news, or old news or no news at all........ to some.

I kind of fell into it as my wife fell out of the car one night grasping for just one more cerveza on the way home....
The local colmado had songs - as usual - she inquired about the singer and here we are.

She waddled back to the car - threw up- burped - and tuned the radio.

If you have the DISH network in RD you get music channels.
One of them (forgetting the number) is 'Caricia" (sp)... a nice blend of Span/Eng songs.

NOTE : this does not work w/ regular SiriusXM - just the DISH stuff
I cannot get it in my car or any house I frequent... Just DISH

Some of the artists I wrote down for my Pandora account were..
Santa Esmeralda
Jose Jose
Palito Ortega
Marisela
Jose Luis Perales
Pimpinela
Diego Verdeguer

Go there, or plug it into Pandora...

I like it and hope you will...

Lovingly,

Cousin Willy
(old uncle of Cousin Brucie)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
This may be new news, or old news or no news at all........ to some.

I kind of fell into it as my wife fell out of the car one night grasping for just one more cerveza on the way home....
The local colmado had songs - as usual - she inquired about the singer and here we are.

She waddled back to the car - threw up- burped - and tuned the radio.

If you have the DISH network in RD you get music channels.
One of them (forgetting the number) is 'Caricia" (sp)... a nice blend of Span/Eng songs.

NOTE : this does not work w/ regular SiriusXM - just the DISH stuff
I cannot get it in my car or any house I frequent... Just DISH

Some of the artists I wrote down for my Pandora account were..
Santa Esmeralda
Jose Jose
Palito Ortega
Marisela
Jose Luis Perales
Pimpinela
Diego Verdeguer

Go there, or plug it into Pandora...

I like it and hope you will...

Lovingly,

Cousin Willy
(old uncle of Cousin Brucie)

THat's good information, and good to know. However, one question: You included a name above which i think has been mistaken as a musical group, when in fact it is a combination of car scent & occupation: Pimpinela

Frank

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
THat's good information, and good to know. However, one question: You included a name above which i think has been mistaken as a musical group, when in fact it is a combination of car scent & occupation: Pimpinela

Frank

Joaqu?n and Luc?a Gal?n, better known as Pimpinela are an Argentine duo famous for singing romantic relationship musical pieces and for their original style of singing. They have sold over 12 million records in Argentina and 25 million worldwide. :smoke:

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
I get sirius radio,- right from sirius. Signed up in the USA, brought the receiver here. No problem. However, you can't get the XM "platform" which included the baseball games that we so wanted. Still, we get the complete sirius lineup not just the music they have on dish. 15$ month plus taxes which I think makes it about 19$ a month

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
XM will not function in RD - just Sirius.

do you get Caricia on your lineup - I only get it on DISH network

thx for pimping Pimponela

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
On a side note - for any of you who spend long periods outside of NoAmerica - you can suspend SiriusXM service while away.

This includes service to your cars - GPS, music, traffic, etc. - and house.

Same goes for Pandora

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Pimpinela

Hey Frankie G.... I'm sitting in my car listening to Pimpinela and smelling the air fragrance.... what a combination... without you , I'd never have mixed them

Seriously -- get 'Hidemyass.com' and go to Pandora..... plug in the Pimps and others - even Norwegian Wood if you're feeling patriotic - temporarily..........

Jose Jose, and the others..... include William Webster in there for a stronger flavor..

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Pimpinela

Hey Frankie G.... I'm sitting in my car listening to Pimpinela and smelling the air fragrance.... what a combination... without you , I'd never have mixed them

Seriously -- get 'Hidemyass.com' and go to Pandora..... plug in the Pimps and others - even Norwegian Wood if you're feeling patriotic - temporarily..........

Jose Jose, and the others..... include William Webster in there for a stronger flavor..

Now strap on a pair a granos, and head to Nagua.

Sep 4, 2012
I get sirius radio,- right from sirius. Signed up in the USA, brought the receiver here. No problem. However, you can't get the XM "platform" which included the baseball games that we so wanted. Still, we get the complete sirius lineup not just the music they have on dish. 15$ month plus taxes which I think makes it about 19$ a month

You are getting ripped off. They offer the same package, 6 months for 25.00.