Working down the 'to do' list

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I know have asked before but is there a place where I can hire/ steel or borrow a pressure or power washer to just clean off my old paint outdoors? Its for ballustades and wallls that need heavy cleaning before being repainted?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
not sure about the washer. After having my previous paint jobs fail in a few
short years from now on I am going to 1. pressure wash, 2.clean the surface using trisodium phosphate (paint stores sell it) and when it comes to the paint use a mildewcide that is available as a powder which is added to the paint. 99% of painting is preparation. I have spent a lot of money on painting and re-painting because I made the mistake of not getting involved in the process and just let the painter do it all including the prep work. If you find a pressure washer to rent I would appreciate a
pm as I will need one in the near future. btw, there is a big paint supply store in PP down near the power plant and they
would probably know where you could rent a washer.
know where you could find a pressure washer. good luck

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Hi Wb. Did you find a pressure washer? I have an electric one that has a chem. dispenser and it does just... OK. I use it for lots of things so can not have it gone too long.

Let us know.

Kind regards, me

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thank you. Have no idea how long it will take to achieve the desired effect but would hope only 2/ 3 days but maybe you could also advise on where to purchase or hire something similar and a rough idea of cost. Maybe could even find someone to repair the old Karcher one which is in the tool shed but no idea where to enquire/ take it?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thank you. Have no idea how long it will take to achieve the desired effect but would hope only 2/ 3 days but maybe you could also advise on where to purchase or hire something similar and a rough idea of cost. Maybe could even find someone to repair the old Karcher one which is in the tool shed but no idea where to enquire/ take it?

2/3 days is not a problem. Let me get ours out and make sure that it's working this week. lol.

I'll ask a friend of ours about fixing yours. He has had his gasoline powered one repaired several times, mostly new high pressure hoses and they are not cheap.

I'll get ours out in the AM (Amado will get ours out in the AM). As you know. Geeeezzzz, it was working last week very much applies to us here. :)

As for buying a new one? Perhaps Americana in S.D., but I would hate to think of the price.

Let's hope others have a better grasp of some of this then we do. :)

I'll get back to you tomorrow. IF ours is good to go, then bring your Karcher down to leave with me.

:)

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There is definitely no rush as I want some painting done inside first before we blast off the loose paint outside and that has all been a bit delayed now as my debit card cloned and robbed as you will see in my other thread of today.... which means a further delay on buying the paint for now.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There is definitely no rush as I want some painting done inside first before we blast off the loose paint outside and that has all been a bit delayed now as my debit card cloned and robbed as you will see in my other thread of today.... which means a further delay on buying the paint for now.

It just never ends does it dear! Just when ya think ya in good shape something comes along to rattle you.

I was looking for the vid. of rosanna danna from Saturday Night Live with her "If it ain't this it's that" sketch but can not find it.

:)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
WB, the official karcher store is on the road from Moca to Santiago, quite near to Bellon. They should be able to get you the washer you need.

If not... I will give Margo the phonenumber of a guy here who rents a gasoline powered one out... He is British so no probs there.

BelgianK

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Ochoa in Santiago have a large range of Karcher Pressure Washers, I thought they were very expensive! Bellon only had one in stock. It may be an idea to look in La Sirena (POP).
I bought one there a couple of years ago that is still working, I think it only cost around $5,000 RD.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks for all the replies - it would be good to get the one I have here repaired if possible as they are useful things to have about so will bear in mind the Karcher store if I find myself going that route.

Thanks for the offer to loan me yours, Ringo and will follow up nearer the time - only problem when borrowing from a friend is if it breaks down during the loan period.

As my need this time is to actually blast old loose paint off, then the more powerful the beffer I would assume, so would be useful to have the telephone number please Belgian K and I can get an idea what he charges.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Hi wb. Things break and down here they tend to break a little more often. That is not a worry to me. It just does OK so more time and hand work will be needed. You have the option.

"If it's not one thing, it's another. If it's not this then it's that."

I asked Amado to get it out to test it. But we also need to find wood shavings, sawdust or something for the horse stalls. All three of our local carpenters have not had any work for a couple of months. The stalls are getting a little .... horsey.

So Amado said that he would go look in your area and left at noon, taking our other man Kalvin with him in search of stall floor stuff.

In having a new quest, they left a water faucet on full that overfilled a water bucket in a stall and has flooded the stall. They also left a pool pump on. Both pumps on our solar/battery system and I'm now running the Gen. to bring the charge back up.

Sorry; they did not test the pressure sprayer either.

IF they find stall stuff, then major cleaning and the sprayer will be in use for a few days. After we done.... no problem if you want it.

Some days chickens and some days feathers?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Here is where we are at wb. The boys found some sawdust and did a good job washing down the Mare's stall. A rather large stall since she is a she.

Tomorrow they clean out the 2 boys stalls.

So after that it's up to you. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Hi wb. Good news.... Bad news?

We have finished the stalls and the pressure washer works fine. So it is available for a month or so. That's the good news.

Bad news? It looks like you and I are going to get wet in the next few days from rain. If you are under cover that should not be a problem and......... we need the rain. :)

So what ever you decide should be fine.