Why take such risks...plastic surgery???

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Another woman lost her life and this recent death happens to be two in the last two weeks due to a plastic surgery operation. The first died of a heart attack and now there's another fatality who left seven orphans.

We live in a materialistic world where humans are resorting to all types of solutions to at least delay the hands of time. I, however, am not aware of the type of procedures these women sought, but often enough they are beauty related.

El Caribe ? Muere otra mujer tras practicarle cirug?a est?tica

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I notice that alot of cases have been reported in the news but nothing is
heard about lawsuits. The only thing you hear about is how a particular
doctor performed cosmetic surgeries such as liposuctions or butt enhance
ment injections and the patients died as a result.

Can they sue the doctors in the DR for malpractice? I've never heard of any
one that has sued and won.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Its always better to go State side for elective surgery. Why take the chance here.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I remembered I was in the DR and the news was about a woman, I think in Washington Heights, who died because the surgeon had placed silicon and cement in her butt. Must be very horrifying being a Dominicana without possessing a lot of assets.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I would be surprised if the frequency of plastic surgery in the DR comes close to places like Colombia and Brazil.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i call BS. a certain number of women die at birth every year yet no one asks "why take such risks". plastic surgery is like any other operation, there are always risks and always benefits. when the latter are greater than the former you do the deed. sometimes it's all down to bad luck, someone needs to make this "possible side effect" statistics.

when my time comes, and it will come sooner or later, i will do few procedures. here in DR. two cousins are plastic surgeons: one in SD, well known and with years of experience and another in santiago, who recently started his own practice after learning the trade in mexico.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Could it be not everyone can visit the US?

It maybe comes as an big surprise to you, but there exist other countries in this world exept the US..

That was profound. However it is the closest and best option to the D.R for elective surgery. You sir can catch a plan to Cuba (its closer)or stay in the D.R and throw caution to the wind and have complex aorta or spine surgery from a guy who does 15 such procedures a year.
Or head over to Miami and have a Doctor that does nothing but... and probably does 100 to 150 a year

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
i call BS. a certain number of women die at birth every year yet no one asks "why take such risks". plastic surgery is like any other operation, there are always risks and always benefits. when the latter are greater than the former you do the deed. sometimes it's all down to bad luck, someone needs to make this "possible side effect" statistics.

when my time comes, and it will come sooner or later, i will do few procedures. here in DR. two cousins are plastic surgeons: one in SD, well known and with years of experience and another in santiago, who recently started his own practice after learning the trade in mexico.

I don't know if this post was directed at me but since I am the OP, I'll take a crack at it.
Having babies is natural since the evolution of time. Reason I know this is because a couple had procreated and the cycle has continued ever since.

I would be just as outraged if females were dying alarmingly; especially if at the hands of an unqualified doctor/midwife. Yes they're risks involved in life but most cases "plastic surgery" is elective and seen as cosmetic in nature unlike a pregnancy which eventually leads to term.

Most insurance companies here in the States would not even offer coverage for this type of surgery but yes, child's birth is normally included.

People seeking the services of the knife are generally either augmenting, reducing, firming or straightening a part of the body for cosmetic reasons. I don't know what the rage is all about. Even the surgeons who perform plastic surgeries acknowledge that their business is booming because of the materialistic world we live in.

We can start another thread on "pregnancy death rates" and I assure you, myself and others would be even more outraged, because as stated, one is the cycle of life, while the other is performed for aesthetic reasons and normally consensual.

I would hate to see someone angry at you just because you chose to go under the knife sometime in the not too distant future as you stated. It's a free world last I remembered. Good luck in advance and I hope the results are satisfactory.

I applaud those brave women who believe in the cycle of life.

Last edited:
Last week I saw an Anderson Cooper episode with a Lady who went to get Butt Implants in the DR on a plastic surgery vacation kinda thing and she could actually flip them around under the skin it was sooooo GROSS!!!
She is getting it fixed for free in the States b/c someone felt sorry for her.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I applaud those brave women who believe in the cycle of life.

good for you. i'd rather have a plastic surgery than a child. of course now i cannot anyways, but given a choice. i like to do things for myself.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
good for you. i'd rather have a plastic surgery than a child. of course now i cannot anyways, but given a choice. i like to do things for myself.

You cannot have a child by yourself, but surgery yes. I understood the gist of your post.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Last week I saw an Anderson Cooper episode with a Lady who went to get Butt Implants in the DR on a plastic surgery vacation kinda thing and she could actually flip them around under the skin it was sooooo GROSS!!!
She is getting it fixed for free in the States b/c someone felt sorry for her.

Same here. I saw a similar video where a woman flipped it around, it looked like a disc.Yes, it was gross!:cross-eye

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
listen. i think every surgery carries risk. and gives benefits. whether you go under the knife to truly save your life or to make yourself feel better about the way you look it does not matter. you make a conscious decision to undergo the procedure knowing what it means. millions of people have plastic surgeries. only a fairly small percentage dies. just like millions of people travel by a plane and few die. or even, if you want to keep the "you got what you wanted" scheme, many people are in dangerous professions, entirely by choice.

i think that bringing to light rare cases of death resulting from botched surgery is not enough information to condemn it. i would have had myself fixed already, if i had enough money. without worry.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
listen. i think every surgery carries risk. and gives benefits. whether you go under the knife to truly save your life or to make yourself feel better about the way you look it does not matter. you make a conscious decision to undergo the procedure knowing what it means. millions of people have plastic surgeries. only a fairly small percentage dies. just like millions of people travel by a plane and few die. or even, if you want to keep the "you got what you wanted" scheme, many people are in dangerous professions, entirely by choice.

i think that bringing to light rare cases of death resulting from botched surgery is not enough information to condemn it. i would have had myself fixed already, if i had enough money. without worry.

dv8 fix what? You don't need any fixing.:)