Printer Cartridges POP

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
Anyone know where I can buy HP printer cartridges in POP/Sosua/Cabarete -- other than CeduComp and Duplex ! Neither store has what I need ... need another purchasing option !

Help !:confused:

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Rodali on Doce de Julio had some HP cartridges a few months ago. It is about a block before RUSA.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anyone know where I can buy HP printer cartridges in POP/Sosua/Cabarete -- other than CeduComp and Duplex ! Neither store has what I need ... need another purchasing option !

Help !:confused:

I find it is cheaper and easier to order ink from a source in the US. When I order I order a few of what I need so that I am supplied for awhile and can reorder before I run out.

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
I find it is cheaper and easier to order ink from a source in the US. When I order I order a few of what I need so that I am supplied for awhile and can reorder before I run out.

I bought the printer in POP and they don't appear to sell the cartridges for it in the US ... I looked. HP662 ..... where do you order from and how do they arrive here ?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I bought the printer in POP and they don't appear to sell the cartridges for it in the US ... I looked. HP662 ..... where do you order from and how do they arrive here ?

To get ink and anything else from the US, I use EPS.

But you are right, it appears they do not sell the ink in the US. It looks like this printer was sold outside the US, maybe just in Latin America judging from what is on Google.

There are a couple of things on Google about filling your own. In Spanish.

https://www.google.com.do/?gws_rd=cr&ei=AUYhUubNLuassATO54HQDQ#q=HP662

Printers usually are cheap, but the ink is the killer. Good idea when you are looking for a printer to investigate availability of ink, especially alternatives to the brand (HP in your case) name ink.

I checked where I buy my ink and they don't list the HP662

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I checked the HP Store on eBay and even they don't have it.

Search for-CZ103AL | HP? Official Store

Maybe you should be thinking about a new printer.

I buy my printers from Amazon and have them shipped to my EPS address in Miami. I find even with shipping charges the printer costs less than buying it here and the selection is much better.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Just a suggestion. CeduCompp used to refill cartridges. Would that be an option?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just a suggestion. CeduCompp used to refill cartridges. Would that be an option?

Many newer printers have a protection mechanism against refilling ink cartridges. The "chips" inside have a counter and when that counter hits "empty" you cannot reset it and the cartridge no longer functions. Some printers have 3rd party cartridges available that can be reset and refilled. It is best to look for a printer that has that option.

With respect to printers, they are the razor and the cartridges are the blades. The money is made on the blades, if you catch my meaning.

Agree with Ken that it is almost always cheaper to import a product like a printer or cartridges than it is to purchase one here. Even more amazing is selling a printer and then not even having the cartridges for it.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Many newer printers have a protection mechanism against refilling ink cartridges. The "chips" inside have a counter and when that counter hits "empty" you cannot reset it and the cartridge no longer functions. Some printers have 3rd party cartridges available that can be reset and refilled. It is best to look for a printer that has that option.

That is what I use, a 3rd-party ink with a chip on the cartridge. Save a lot of money compared with buying Canon ink.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Many newer printers have a protection mechanism against refilling ink cartridges. The "chips" inside have a counter and when that counter hits "empty" you cannot reset it and the cartridge no longer functions.
AHA!!

No wonder I failed!!! I bought a spiffy cartridge refill kid, followed the directions PERFECTLY and...nada.

Now I know why.

Thanks wg! I about went crazy trying to figure out what went wrong...

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
AHA!!

No wonder I failed!!! I bought a spiffy cartridge refill kid, followed the directions PERFECTLY and...nada.

Now I know why.

Ceducomp told me they can refill some but of course not mine :rolleyes:
I found 2 today in POP but funny, they guy wanted to charge me almost double what I pay in the other stores ... hmmmm ... could it be the color of my skin ? Geeze !

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
There is another computer store on Beller, not too far from the Metro station. Did you try there?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Another thing about not using the manufacturer's cartridge is the ink level won't show on your printer/computer.

Seems they only speak to 'family members' :-((

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
AHA!!

Now I know why.

Next step is to find the "refillable auto-reset" cartridges on Ebay and order a set of those for your printer if they are available. And with most printers you have to replace all of the cartridges with the refillable ones for them to work. You cannot just replace the black cartridge is that runs out and leave the original color cartridges.