Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default underground cocaine lab discovered in san cristobal

really, san cristobal seems like an epicenter of all trouble: 10 year old pregnant girl, cholera outbreak and now first ever cocaine lab in DR...

Por primera vez, autoridades encuentran laboratorio clandestino para procesamiento de cocaína en el país - Hoy Digital
    Policía Nacional desmantela laboratorio subterráneo de drogas - DiarioLibre.com

the police discovered the lab, liquid cocaine and chemicals used in a process of production. it seems like the whole thing took place in the middle of nowhere yet they had few functioning microwaves (also needed in the production).

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

This has Colombian trademark all over it.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

two colombians were arrested (owners of the land). but processing coke is not necessarily a colombian thing. the same is done everywhere where cocaine is produced: bolivia, equador, peru. clandestine labs are set in the the middle of a campo, jungle, forest, whatever.

here is a short video from the series drugs, inc.:

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

what is strange is that the production itself has been done here. this is not only the first for DR bit also for this part of the caribbean. so now it is not only cocaine that is smuggled through DR but raw product as well. because i do not think coca plants are here?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    really, san cristobal seems like an epicenter of all trouble: 10 year old pregnant girl, cholera outbreak and now first ever cocaine lab in DR...

Por primera vez, autoridades encuentran laboratorio clandestino para*procesamiento de*cocaína en el país - Hoy Digital
    Policía Nacional desmantela laboratorio subterráneo de drogas - DiarioLibre.com

the police discovered the lab, liquid cocaine and chemicals used in a process of production. it seems like the whole thing took place in the middle of nowhere yet they had few functioning microwaves (also needed in the production).
    Well, now it seems Colombia has turned the key to Mexico and Mexico is passing to HAITI AND DR? Governance is a big problem in these States

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder what does it mean to the border control and the police? i have never seen a coca plant, a quick image search tells me, however, that dry leaves look kind of like bay laurel (used for cooking). i wonder whether they smell like cocaine? that is, could a dog trained in tracing coke identify leaves as well? or any raw product? (in the clip above the first production scene is forming coke balls from what looks like white mud). how is this going to affect the war on drugs in DR?

or are coca plants brought to grow in DR? i guess the mountain area is suitable for this crop? would dominican police recognize the plant?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing you well View Post
    This has Colombian trademark all over it.
    Why would Colombian's bring the bulky raw product to the DR when they can process it with relative impunity in Colombia and then transport the refined product??

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, and wiki says the leaves smell like tea. so i guess it is nothing police dogs would recognize?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

As per the latest UN World Drug Report, 156,900 hectares of coca yields potentially 292,430 metric tons of dry coca leaf, from which 984 metric tons of cocaine can be potentially produced. Ignoring that these are educated guesses, they are still rough because yields are different across production sites.

But anyway,

1 hectare gets you 1.864 metric tons of dry coca leaf.

1 metric ton of dry coca leaf gets you 0.0034 metric tons of cocaine.

297 grams of dry coca leaf will give you 1 gram of cocaine.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

how does it translate to DR, windeguy? what is the potential growing area, assuming we are talking about mountains, right? even in the south america map the areas of extensive cultivation are not so big.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast