electricity prices to go up or "i told you so"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
from september, today, in fact, electricity prices will go up by 1% to 4.2%, depending on kilowatt use:
Gobierno aumenta tarifa el?ctrica residencial - DiarioLibre.com

consumption of 0-200 kW: price will increase from 4.44 pesos to 4.59 pesos (up by 3.4 %)
consumption of 200 to 300 kW: price will increase from 6.97 to 7.26 pesos (up by 4.2%)
consumption 300 to 700 kW: price will increase from 10.86 to 10.97 pesos (up by 1%)
consumption over 700 kW: price will increase from 11.10 pesos to 11.34 pesos (up by 2.2%)

this is for residential use.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
from september, today, in fact, electricity prices will go up by 1% to 4.2%, depending on kilowatt use:

consumption of 0-200 kW: price will increase from 4.44 pesos to 4.59 pesos (up by 3.4 %)
consumption of 200 to 300 kW: price will increase from 6.97 to 7.26 pesos (up by 4.2%)
consumption 300 to 700 kW: price will increase from 10.86 to 10.97 pesos (up by 1%)
consumption over 700 kW: price will increase from 11.10 pesos to 11.34 pesos (up by 2.2%)

I told you so and others backed me.... 5 months ago.

Several of us went so far as to say just about a "complete collapse" of the electrical system would follow.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, hence i told you so. i predicted that after minimum wage increase. now the poor make more money yet they can buy less than before...

only good news here is what i omitted, since we are all interested in residential tariff. small businesses will now pay less per kilowatt. i understand where it's going, benefiting those who use more, meet their bills and otherwise contribute with taxes, providing employment and so on. but this is not making the masses happy...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you don't know none of them votes, do you? i shall put a laughing face, just like this: :laugh: so you know the grammar mistake was intentional, ok?

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

Dominican leader does quick turnaround on higher light bill

PrintEmailBookmarkSave to my profile0 Comments

D. Medina.

Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo. - Less than 24 hours after the Electricity Superintendence announced a higher light bill to a population already reeling from record gas prices, president Danilo Medina made a phone call striking the measure early Monday.

Electricity superintendent Eduardo Quincoces said Medina called to roll back the announced increase in the price of energy, for which the electricity cost will remain the same as in August.

The official said Medina?s decision comes after public opinion?s adverse reaction to news of a higher light bill.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I like that Medina listens and responds to the people..... he continues to surprise me, in a positive way that I never expected.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
bad news. how can this country progress?

By charging everyone who uses electricity what it costs and making them pay while at the same time providing power to everyone 24/7?

Just a guess, I could be wrong. :rambo:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
by chargin what it unfortunately costs since so many votes receive electricity gratis. maybe people should start spitting not at the government charging high rates but at their fellow citizens who think they should get everything fee and therefore create such prices for those who pay.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I bet the whole thing was planned, a political maneuver.

Dominican leader does quick turnaround on higher light bill

PrintEmailBookmarkSave to my profile0 Comments

D. Medina.

Zoom Picture

Santo Domingo. - Less than 24 hours after the Electricity Superintendence announced a higher light bill to a population already reeling from record gas prices, president Danilo Medina made a phone call striking the measure early Monday.

Electricity superintendent Eduardo Quincoces said Medina called to roll back the announced increase in the price of energy, for which the electricity cost will remain the same as in August.

The official said Medina?s decision comes after public opinion?s adverse reaction to news of a higher light bill.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I bet the whole thing was planned, a political maneuver.

batman to the rescue:

1zo83l2.png

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
This past month in our subdivision in Sosua - Edenorte replaced alot of meters .. we had no problem with ours .. they "said" it was broken .. now our bill is higher - hmmmmm. The same for other customers.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here is an article from diario libre:
Danilo vuelve a anteponer la pol?tica a decisi?n econ?mica - DiarioLibre.com

as they explain danilo, by overruling increase of the electricity prices, yet again puts politics ahead of the economy. not the first time either, as he previously made a decision about marbete price (that was supposed to be based on the value of the car). the article also mentioned that sindicalistas de transporte receive subsidized petrol, 3.8 million of gallons, to be precise. wtf?

now i am angry. it's one thing to make people happy now. it's another thing to made hard decisions to make people happy in the future and guarantee the progress of the country. i think i do not like batman danilo as much as i did.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
here is an article from diario libre:
Danilo vuelve a anteponer la pol?tica a decisi?n econ?mica - DiarioLibre.com

as they explain danilo, by overruling increase of the electricity prices, yet again puts politics ahead of the economy. not the first time either, as he previously made a decision about marbete price (that was supposed to be based on the value of the car). the article also mentioned that sindicalistas de transporte receive subsidized petrol, 3.8 million of gallons, to be precise. wtf?

now i am angry. it's one thing to make people happy now. it's another thing to made hard decisions to make people happy in the future and guarantee the progress of the country. i think i do not like batman danilo as much as i did.
100% agree. Danilo is doing some good things but he is trying too hard. He shouldn't think so much about his image but do what's necessary.