Driver / taxi needed

Waber

Sep 2, 2013
I am going to be in Santo Domingo 9/8-9/29

I am not yet comfortable with driving there, all though I will need to be driving in country soon.

Does anyone know what a driver / taxi will cost me per day? And do you have any referrals? I have many errands to run the first week i am there, and am hoping to maybe hire someone for a week. Or, if you have other suggestions of how to get around, that would be great as well!

Thanks in advance for your advise!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can rent both, vehicle and driver at the airport in SDQ through Budget.

Not the smartest advice, as the renter is still liable for any damage/accident, and has to pay for an additional driver's insurance.
Perhaps someone can recommend a reliable local driver with a late model car?

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
I am going to be in Santo Domingo 9/8-9/29

I am not yet comfortable with driving there, all though I will need to be driving in country soon.

Does anyone know what a driver / taxi will cost me per day? And do you have any referrals? I have many errands to run the first week i am there, and am hoping to maybe hire someone for a week. Or, if you have other suggestions of how to get around, that would be great as well!

Thanks in advance for your advise!
I and my wife have been using the same driver for 6 years. He has a nice air conditioned and CLEAN Toyota Corolla is very professional and has 3 cel phones so can always get in touch with him. He has driven us to Santo Domingo many times from Nagua. He gives us a special price because we always use him. If interested in his contact info. hit me up in PM.

Waber

Sep 2, 2013
Yeah, I'm not interested in renting a car for a driver.

I would prefer a driver that had a car. I'm not picky about how nice the car is either, as long as it is relatively reliable.

Thanks for the advise!

NaguaRick

Jun 26, 2013
Not the smartest advice, as the renter is still liable for any damage/accident, and has to pay for an additional driver's insurance.
Perhaps someone can recommend a reliable local driver with a late model car?
Tamborista is could not be more correct. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE IN AN ACCIDENT IN THE DR. It will always be your fault. That is unless you are Dominican.