Tommy Morrison to Sosua Visitors for the Wrong Reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElAlien

Mar 10, 2013
The Great Tommy Morrison has died today. It is a very sad day for the Boxing World. I would like to share a quote with you from Tommy, The Duke, that I think will make you think twice about the night life style of Sosua and HIV/AIDS. Here it goes:

I lived a permissive, fast and reckless lifestyle. I hope I can serve as a warning that living this lifestyle can really lead to only one thing and that's misery. . . . I've never been so stupid in my life. I thought I was bulletproof and I'm not.

If getting up here and confronting this problem out in the open can get just one person out there to take a more responsible attitude toward sex, then I would feel I scored my biggest knockout ever.

I thought the real danger of contracting this rested in the arms of those who subjected themselves to a certain kind of lifestyle--addicts who share needles and people who practice a homosexual lifestyle.

I honestly believed I had a better chance of winning the lottery than of contracting this disease. I've never been so wrong in my life. The only sure prevention of this disease is abstinence.

This disease does not discriminate, and that is very, very clear to me now. It doesn't matter if you live in a drug-infested ghetto in New York City or if you live on a ranch in Jay, Oklahoma. This is something that can jump up and bite you no matter where you are at. And it doesn't matter what color you are.

R.I.P Champion!:alien:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I wasn't watching boxing when this guy did well so I cannot recall him at all. Sorry to hear he had such a tragic end.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Alien, This is sad but I am not sure what it has to do with Sosua. There seems to be no link with Sosua or even the DR.

Olly and the Team.

Last edited:

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
How old is that quote? because for atleast the last 10 years he has been claiming that he isnt HIV positive, that he has Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

It STD's arent Sosua thing, you can catch HIV anywhere. From str8 or gay sex, and needles.

The Great Tommy Morrison has died today. It is a very sad day for the Boxing World. I would like to share a quote with you from Tommy, The Duke, that I think will make you think twice about the night life style of Sosua and HIV/AIDS. Here it goes:

I lived a permissive, fast and reckless lifestyle. I hope I can serve as a warning that living this lifestyle can really lead to only one thing and that's misery. . . . I've never been so stupid in my life. I thought I was bulletproof and I'm not.

If getting up here and confronting this problem out in the open can get just one person out there to take a more responsible attitude toward sex, then I would feel I scored my biggest knockout ever.

I thought the real danger of contracting this rested in the arms of those who subjected themselves to a certain kind of lifestyle--addicts who share needles and people who practice a homosexual lifestyle.

I honestly believed I had a better chance of winning the lottery than of contracting this disease. I've never been so wrong in my life. The only sure prevention of this disease is abstinence.

This disease does not discriminate, and that is very, very clear to me now. It doesn't matter if you live in a drug-infested ghetto in New York City or if you live on a ranch in Jay, Oklahoma. This is something that can jump up and bite you no matter where you are at. And it doesn't matter what color you are.

R.I.P Champion!:alien:

ElAlien

Mar 10, 2013
Apparently, his HIV diagnosis later turned out to be false.
They are not disclosing the cause of death but I am sure it will leak out.

He wrote this once he came out positive twice for HIV. I honestly do not remember the year. Yet, with all due respect to the Champion, if he had AIDS or not is not the point. The point is that a promiscuous life style will only lead to misery and to an early death. I thank the Great Morrison for coming forward with this estatement b/c it has made me seriously think about my on mortality. I don't want to go out that young. I don't want to catch HIV. I want to live and live a good life. The Champion was a strong force of nature and to see him go out like that really upsets me.

Many of us have come over to Sosua for the wrong reasons, prostitutes. Many of us have been lucky that nothing has happen to us. I shared this with you because of what the Champion said, " If getting up here and confronting this problem out in the open can get just one person out there to take a more respon...sible attitude toward sex, then I would feel I scored my biggest knockout ever".

:alien:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Alien , You are not responding to the relavence to Sosua - are you !!

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I guess there is no relavance and I have asked the Mods to close the thread.

Olly qand the Team

Sep 4, 2012
Alien,

Is that why you left and don't like the DR anymore, specially Sosua?

The answer to that is within what you quoted:

The only sure prevention of this disease is abstinence.

"This disease does not discriminate, and that is very, very clear to me now. It doesn't matter if you live in a drug-infested ghetto in New York City or if you live on a ranch in Jay, Oklahoma. This is something that can jump up and bite you no matter where you are at".

ElAlien

Mar 10, 2013
Alien,

Is that why you left and don't like the DR anymore, especially Sosua?

The answer to that is within what you quoted:

The only sure prevention of this disease is abstinence.

"This disease does not discriminate, and that is very, very clear to me now. It doesn't matter if you live in a drug-infested ghetto in New York City or if you live on a ranch in Jay, Oklahoma. This is something that can jump up and bite you no matter where you are at".

I left b/c I was tired of of all the things that I listed on my old post. I thank God that I'm not HIV positive. At one point we all have had a loose life style, specially may of those who live or visit Sosua. All, I'm saying is be careful b/c getting HIV is such a complex issue that affects more people than you can think of.

I know my views of the DR and Sosua were pessimistic. With all it's BS, the DR is still a beautiful country. Yet, for the time been, I'm staying home.

May the Great Tommy Morrison rest in peace. May we learn from him and have a better long life.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It looks like Tommy's problem was pretending he didn't have HIV and that it didn't exist. As bad as it is HIV is not a death sentence anymore (and no I'm not saying anyone should be reckless), but more of a "manageable" disease. There are people living with the virus for more than 20 years who are relatively healthy (magic being one of the best examples). What we may learn from him is that in addition to prevention if, god forbid, you ever catch it don't bury your head in the sand and get on the denial train but seek the appropriate medical help.

Status
Not open for further replies.