What do you live off of?

Sep 4, 2012
Retirement check, investments profits, savings, SS check, business in the DR, pimping o la cosa ta' dura todavia?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Retirement check, investments profits, savings, SS check, business in the DR, pimping o la cosa ta' dura todavia?

My wife. OMG..... I'm a pimp?

Edit: She works full time. I manage what is left of our investments. To young for SS and cashed out on pensions when the cash out times were good.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Mutual fund savings. Lucky to be in a profession where 3 mos of work a year in the USA allows me to do nothing here for the other 9 mos. Veterans Admin. for medical care instead of expensive US health insurance critical for the bottomline. I do hope that 4% retirement rule is for real over the long run.

Sep 4, 2012
Why? What do YOU live off of. :)

Still in the rat-race for two more years, si Dios quiere :) then, is DR one way ticket baby!

Worked from there until a few months ago. Planing on living off of my retirement check, rental income and savings.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Short Sales of Apple Stock. Billions to be made.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

just wondering how this info is going to help you? How does it help you put together your $2k a month that we are all saying you need to come and live here? Or are you asking the question that you want to ask.. which is are we still hanging on?

I had a friend who was here on a SS check of $700. He taught English and made it.. barely.. then moved up to Villa Mella and lived large. The great thing about this country is that with even a very few dollars there is always a place to go.

I know places where I can rent a house for $150 a month. I mean places that I like. OK, there are no expats, but there is running water, and electricity and internet.. and guys with conchos to ride me around.. and fresh food. So what do I need?

Omar_NYC

Mar 22, 2013
By the time I qualify for SS, the money will likely not be there anymore.

But if it's still is there, I have a solid $2,500 per month to look forward to as of today. If I continue making the same income I make for the next 30 years, probably double that.

I haven't had the gonads to gamble my money in stocks. Not that I have much to play with.