i need someone to translate a text in english to spanish (i'll pay)

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
hi there, i have a text written in english and it needs to be translated in spanish.

i'll pay of course, but it's the type of money you probably will say.. LET ME JUST DO IT FOR FREE!

it's a script of mas o menos 1800 words (less) and it's 5 pages long.

i only went to 3 translation offices (i don't know any others) and the cheapest was 1000 peso for 2000 words.

anyone? or maybe the guy next door who is always bothering you to do something.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
At 0.50 pesos a word you can bet they will just put it through Google translate. A competent professional will charge about RD$3.00 per word.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
1000 pesos for 2000 words is cheap. Are you Dutch or something ?

ahahahaahahahahahahahaha, O - M - G!

ahahaha, are you dutch or something he said!

i had some words with my fellow dutch men, in the all said us dutch folks are cheap, i always was like yeah whatever!

but to read it like this??? i feel soooo bad! ahahahaha!

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
At 0.50 pesos a word you can bet they will just put it through Google translate. A competent professional will charge about RD$3.00 per word.

it's a script i need to register, and also i have to give a copy to program directors, i would have done it myself if i could get awat with a google version but that is not going to work.

3 peso on the other hand is way too much!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Mauricio is Dutch and your handle gives you away ;) not what you would like to pay (or not) :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
it's a script i need to register, and also i have to give a copy to program directors, i would have done it myself if i could get awat with a google version but that is not going to work.

3 peso on the other hand is way too much!
In this biz, if you pay peanuts, you get Google translate.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
In this biz, if you pay peanuts, you get Google translate.

OR!!! i asked somebody who i know very good AND EVEN THO I STARTED WITH THIS IS BUSINESS AND I AM WILLING TO PAY she told me she was going to do it for me FOR FREE.

she speaks english very good and she is dominicana and not the tigere type of dominicana.

topic can be closed.

* but yeah, it's in some way kind of bad what i am doing because back home i would have lost way more, but if for example you can cut your hair for 150 peso instead of €10,- and you can drive from la zona colonial al the way to pantojo for just 300 peso instead of how much i would pay, THEN your mind does these things with you.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Cool, make sure you treat her to a nice dinner at least, it's a few hours of work if done properly. :)