Getting my dog chipped

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
So where can i get my dog chipped ? And around how much will it be ? Im planning on taking him with me to europe for a month. North coast area vets please. And is it true i need to buy a chip reader too ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can chip your dog from sunrise to sunset and it will give you nothing, because no one here has readers. waste of money. so for DR only do not do it. if it is a travel requirement then i believe doctor bob in sosua performs this procedure.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
So where can i get my dog chipped ? And around how much will it be ? Im planning on taking him with me to europe for a month. North coast area vets please. And is it true i need to buy a chip reader too ? Thanks in advance.

to take your dog to Europe it isn't easy!
to chip is easy, order online dog chip and let the Vet apply it. link see below
if your dog is vaccinated your Vet needs to take bloood, send it to the lab to centrifuge it
and send the blood serum with the filled out form (where the chip number etc is mentioned)
usually that costs about 600 pesos
in special recognized Laboratories they will determine the rabies titer of your dogs blood
and send you a signed and stamped certification if the titer is obove 0.5
this process costs about 45 Euros plus shipping costs which depends....i think it was 80 Dollars

then you might travel to europe with this certification, your chipped dog and the vaccination
papers.
Best the would be to get in Europe at any Vet's office an European Dog Travel Passport for your
dog where they write down the vaccinations, the titer results, your address and the chip number.
With this blue travel document for dogs you can travel in the future without problems as long you
keep the vaccinations updated.

Pro-ID Microchip Pet Microchip FREE SHIPPING | Countryside Pet Supply

Last edited:

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Dr Bob on north coast does microchips. Need ISO standard chip (or they might not be able to read it at destination) and make sure he enters the correct vaccine dates and chip numbers etc into your dog's pet passport or Third Country Vet Certificate.

FYI some European countries and the UK require that you vaccinate, chip etc in a certain order.
For the UK:
Microchip followed by
Rabies vaccine
Wait minimum 30 days before doing the blood test. date of vaccination counts as day 0.
Blood test (sent to an approved lab in the US)
wait minimum 3 months before entry to UK
Issue Third Country Vet Certificate (Annex II certificate) - date of issue must be a maximum of 10 days before entry to UK.
Tapeworm treatment - 24 to 120 hours before entry to UK.
Also need to produce "Declaration of owner not accompanying pet during it's journey" if pet is in cargo hold and/or on different flight from you.

Third Country Vet Certificate also needs to be stamped and signed by Ministry of Agriculture. They should also issue an official document which acts as a front cover for the certificate which gives all of the reference details and the official stamp.

This is for the UK, entry to other Euro countries may be different.

Good luck!

Last edited:

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
which European country you wanted to visit?
and the order when to put the micro chip.... and then wait 30 days and then vaccination etc.
only the dog's guardian angel will know what was first LOL....
what is important is that the dog has micro chip, and the blood serum has a titer above 0.5.
it is easier to send via FEDEX to a German Laboratory.
on this page you will find all the necessary in english information Institut fr Virologie, Justus-Liebig-Universitt Gieen |
Usually they do the rabies test Wednesdays and sometimes fridays. when mailing them the blood serum with ice packs,
write on the envelope " non-infectious blood serum for titer determination"

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Belgium. And we are talking about a pug not that it matters but i mean im not taking an adopted streetdog back i have him since he was 3 months

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Thanks for all the helpfull information so far. Taking him with me is only 50 euros :) but getting everything ready is going to cost me a lot more. I cant leave my dog alone and a pug takes a lot of care cleanig his face wrinkels everyday.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think you are looking at months of waiting. europe has stricter laws regarding animals than USA or canada.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
What i get from all the sites it would be impossible to take him in 30 days :(

Nope! i don't think so.
but i traveled a lot of times with my little babies to Europe and never ever anybody even asked for the papers.
even carrying them open as soon he was in the luggage area
because my little one's are my babies i did not dare to go without proper documents because the risk of quarantine
is possible.
any specific details you may need pm me.
I did the paper work , chipping, laboratory etc for 9 dogs already. i know the whole procedure.
Before doing it i spoke with the Sanitation office in Frankfurt, the Laboratory in Giessen and did everything they
told. all fine....but it takes some time.
Good luck!

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
buy the chip online and let it apply. the total will be about 15 dollars :)
i could ask a friend of mine she ordered a whole package of microchips.
and it doesn't matter where you buy them ...in the US or Europe. they are all the same!