increasing costs of operating in DR cause complains among airlines

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Las l?neas a?reas se quejan por los aumentos de tarifas y de las deficiencias en los aeropuertos - DiarioLibre.com

expect even higher costs of travel to and from DR if nothing is done. the airlines are getting pi**ed. this is a catch 22 type of situation: more taxes means higher prices; higher prices get government attention (i wrote about it before). so now the government demands that airlines lower the charges and airline will not do it unless the taxes go down, which they will not because hey, no es mi culpa.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Las l?neas a?reas se quejan por los aumentos de tarifas y de las deficiencias en los aeropuertos - DiarioLibre.com

expect even higher costs of travel to and from DR if nothing is done. the airlines are getting pi**ed. this is a catch 22 type of situation: more taxes means higher prices; higher prices get government attention (i wrote about it before). so now the government demands that airlines lower the charges and airline will not do it unless the taxes go down, which they will not because hey, no es mi culpa.

so $389 is not enough taxes to pay to fly from Canada? Incredible.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
If they need the tax revenue, instead of raising taxes that will raise the air ticket fees, why dont they raise the overstay fees some. I feel surprised, almost embarrassed paying only about a $25 fine when i overstay a couple of months.