does anyone has a paypal confirmed (IN THE DR) account?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I have an unconfirmed PayPal account with a mailing address in Miami, and I can use it for online payments including eBay.

dalark

Aug 5, 2013
I have a confirmed account I keep in the US. I seem to remember it being a real hassle when I was checking it out with Paypal...but those brain cells died yesterday, so I don't remember the specifics.......sorta how my world goes these days....too many fried things clogging everything up.
....on the other hand....
I happen to have just finished putting together a Canon 5D MkII package (lenses, filters, tripod, bag....the whole shebang) and was working on putting it up on a facebook page and noticed your post. If you are interested in a really complete system with a really good camera for photo and video PM me. I am in the Dominican Republic, so, if you are here also, we can bypass paypal.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even if you had paypal and shipping address buying this camera would be a difficult job in terms of costs of bringing it here. there are no charges on items below 200 dollars but electronics at over 1000 dollars is a different piece of cake. good luck.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I think this camera can be purchased on Amazon and and as such it can be delivered to a forwarder in Miami but as has been said the import duty will be severe. Better to get it delivered to a friend to bring down or collect it in Miami as it will be cheaper than the duty that the customs will demand here.

i need to buy a camera on ebay:

Canon EOS 7D 18MP Digital SLR Camera Is 28 135mm Lens Battery Grip BG E7 2xLP E6 0013803117530 | eBay

this exact type i need to buy, but all sellers only send items to paypal confirmed addresses.

is there someone who could help me out?

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
even if you had paypal and shipping address buying this camera would be a difficult job in terms of costs of bringing it here. there are no charges on items below 200 dollars but electronics at over 1000 dollars is a different piece of cake. good luck.

hi there, i know all about it. i still need a 7d or a 5d, IS THERE ANYONE WHO COULD HELP ME OUT!

dalark

Aug 5, 2013
torremannetje,
I'm sorry I did not check back on this thread, I had your 5D (at $1400.) and am in the Dominican Republic.
Wish you would have PM'd me. I could have gotten it to you...
These things don't last long once they are here. Have you tried the other websites of things for sale in Cabarete, Sousa, and Bayahibe on Facebook? One of them usually has a camera for sale...or you could request one there....

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
no, mira eso:

Canon EOS 5D Camera Canon Battery Grip BG E4 EF 35 80mm F 4 5 6 USM Lens 013803056853 | eBay

is only $850 and i take all the customs prices with it, long story short, i have to buy this camera for a friend of mine who in return will shoot 2 music videos with behind the scenes and 2 photoshoots. that alone would cost me with him and any other person i have contacted here $2000+ easy.

so buying this camera is a way for me to help him and a better way to help myself of course, and this is his camera of choise.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I'm a professional photographer. My advice would be to to buy the camera in St Maarten, the flights from Santo Domingo are very cheap and there are some amazing priced camera shops there. I think the one I use is called Caribbean Camera Center, I found the prices for cameras were much lower than the USA or Europe. Best to fly there, buy the camera, fly back and throw away all the packaging before you get on the plane, that way you can't be charged duty if stopped at the airport.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
no, mira eso:

Canon EOS 5D Camera Canon Battery Grip BG E4 EF 35 80mm F 4 5 6 USM Lens 013803056853 | eBay

is only $850 and i take all the customs prices with it, long story short, i have to buy this camera for a friend of mine who in return will shoot 2 music videos with behind the scenes and 2 photoshoots. that alone would cost me with him and any other person i have contacted here $2000+ easy.

so buying this camera is a way for me to help him and a better way to help myself of course, and this is his camera of choise.

So how exactly do you plan on paying for this camera? There's no way anyone is willing to front the cost and insane customs charge trusting you are going to pay them back.. I'd assume customs alone on this will be 300$ + , so if you want to pay 1200$ upfront someone might order it for you, and even then they'd be taking a risk.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
I'm a professional photographer. My advice would be to to buy the camera in St Maarten, the flights from Santo Domingo are very cheap and there are some amazing priced camera shops there. I think the one I use is called Caribbean Camera Center, I found the prices for cameras were much lower than the USA or Europe. Best to fly there, buy the camera, fly back and throw away all the packaging before you get on the plane, that way you can't be charged duty if stopped at the airport.

i don't know about this camera, all i know is that ebay prices are way more cheaper than flying to an island to get a camera.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
So how exactly do you plan on paying for this camera? There's no way anyone is willing to front the cost and insane customs charge trusting you are going to pay them back.. I'd assume customs alone on this will be 300$ + , so if you want to pay 1200$ upfront someone might order it for you, and even then they'd be taking a risk.

of course that is what i have to do, i have to pay him all the money! he can chose usd or pesos.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
i can't do NOTHING with my mastercard here! is there nobody here???

i just tried to buy it myself, and i can't!

ANYONE!?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can use Paypal in the DR, but only for paying. They will not link to your DR bank for payment to you. But you can register one or more International Credit or Debit cards issued by DR banks.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
mira, we are talking about a $850 camera.

i don't know if that is the reason why i can't complete the transfer, because it is their safety policy of course, i signed up with paypal and this morning i clicked the BUY NOW button on ebay but i can't complete the transaction.

on top of that, i learned that because my card is registered at a dutch address that i can't complete payments on gambling sites because i try to use a foreign card with a dominican ip address. client service on many sites have told me that.

it's the high risk factor!

THEREFORE I NEED A PAYPAL CONFIRMED ACCOUNT!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Err...

Not so sure yet. I have a verified Pay Pal DR account with an US Bank connection and address of my mail forwarder in Miami b/c Pay Pal doesn't accept DR banks.

But if there is a Dutch Bank account maybe he/she can use a Dutch address (Parents, Brother, etc.) to verify and use a different Delivery address when ordering from ebay?