TV via satellite

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Hey guys....

1) Anyone have TV via satellite here? Could you let me know quality of image, # of channels you get and if they are in English? Also, how much did you pay to install and how much monthly?

2) Please recommend someone who can get me up and running. I spoke to a guy on the phone here but to me it sounded kind of pricey....think it was $30K initial which included one dish antenna and 1 box, then $2,500 yearly for service. Can't remember the channels though. Cheers!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yes, I have SAt, over 800 channels from the USA, and quite a few in Spanish, maybe 35 or so, as it would be the same if you had cable here for example if you speak Spanish..As for the price..What else is new here...NO!! I paid about 15,000 for a 4.5 foot dish, included installation and programing...There are a few FTA boxes to choose from, I have a Sonicview Premium box, and the code is only 45 bucks per Year...Now, there are quite a few Sats in the Sky, all depends what you like to watch..The Most popular is SAT 110 and 119, those I have and it includes all local networks from NY or other States, just depends what you want etc...If you wish to discuss live, PM, will give you my number...The name of the Company I used is Digital TV, located in Santo Domingo., not far from the Carrefour Supermarket..

PS...I can also provide the support site so you can see what its all about etc...Its all very easy! Just be sure you have a good shot of the sky for your dish..BTW, picture is great of course, depends on your TV as well...If your not far from me, I can set it up for you for free, no biggie..I'm in Puerto Plata, and travel to SD every Month too..

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have sky tv and have no issues with it. All the usual channels, in English or Spanish. Costs I think around 3k pesos to install and around 1000 RD$ a month for the cheapest package and one box. You can have as many boxes as you want and each one is around 500 RD$ more.

Picture quality is great, rarely goes down and a nice small dish.

http://www.skydominicana.com/sky-rd

Matilda

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hi Matilda,

Have you considered the other Sat like I have?? Its much cheaper, many more channels, a win win if you're a TV buff....Its only 45 bucks a Year for over 800 channels, can be more or less channels, depends how many Sats your wanting...However, with a 4.5 foot dish, you can only place about 6 LNBS on, maybe 8..but my God, too much TV..LOL...If you need help or want more info let me know..

Anthony

I have sky tv and have no issues with it. All the usual channels, in English or Spanish. Costs I think around 3k pesos to install and around 1000 RD$ a month for the cheapest package and one box. You can have as many boxes as you want and each one is around 500 RD$ more.

Picture quality is great, rarely goes down and a nice small dish.

http://www.skydominicana.com/sky-rd

Matilda

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Yes, I have SAt, over 800 channels from the USA, and quite a few in Spanish, maybe 35 or so, as it would be the same if you had cable here for example if you speak Spanish..As for the price..What else is new here...NO!! I paid about 15,000 for a 4.5 foot dish, included installation and programing...There are a few FTA boxes to choose from, I have a Sonicview Premium box, and the code is only 45 bucks per Year...Now, there are quite a few Sats in the Sky, all depends what you like to watch..The Most popular is SAT 110 and 119, those I have and it includes all local networks from NY or other States, just depends what you want etc...If you wish to discuss live, PM, will give you my number...The name of the Company I used is Digital TV, located in Santo Domingo., not far from the Carrefour Supermarket..

PS...I can also provide the support site so you can see what its all about etc...Its all very easy! Just be sure you have a good shot of the sky for your dish..BTW, picture is great of course, depends on your TV as well...If your not far from me, I can set it up for you for free, no biggie..I'm in Puerto Plata, and travel to SD every Month too..
Would you be able yo give me a quote for 2 TVs and all the channels You have? Also would you be able to travel to santiago

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hi Lisa,

If you have the newspaper, look around for the add from Digital TV, there you wil see their prices etc,also carry batteries, inverters, TVS, so the add is always big, a full page.. And, yes, I can do that for you too... I can come to santiago via the Metro or Caribre Tours Bus, its an hour from me..As for the equitment, you can have that shipped to you via the Bus as well..Since i go to SD every Month, I may be able to do that for you, just cover the cost for the taxi, bus etc...You will need 2 FTA boxes for 2 TVS..they average between 2,500 - maybe 5,000 if I recall...But, they also give a discount when you buy more than one box...Anyways, they are closed tomorrow, but I will call them Monday, think there is still Jose there that speaks English..

Anthony

Would you be able yo give me a quote for 2 TVs and all the channels You have? Also would you be able to travel to santiago

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sky, do you have any problems with freezing? I assume your box hooks up the the internet?

As you know, the satellite companies send out signal changes at regular intervals which cause a temporary freeze until the box can get the new code from the internet.

Does that happen to yours, or do you have an uninterrupted signal?

JD, we want to put in a dish for TV, you know where we live - do you have an opinion as to which company would be best for us in that area?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hi JD,

No, not at all...Maybe you have not used yours in a while or don't have one? Dish usually will change their signal on Thursdays, so there are times that we will go down for maybe 1 hour..The coders are great!!! and no new code is ever required until it expires after your one Year deal which only costs 45 bucks a Year..I have no freezing at all, much better over this past Year hands down..Now, I go back with SATS from having a big 10 footer with the front loaded pink module that I hacked with a chip..I would press F1 on my remote, dish would turn, then I could pick over 100 channels or whatever each SAT had..This puppy hit every SAT in the sky, so I had well over 1000 channels, not to mention all those live feeds etc.....That was moons ago, lived in Wantagh NY...I loved that thing, live feeds, it was the best!!

But now? Its still great!! over 800 channels with only 2 SATS being 119 and 110...And for my gal, we also get all of those Spanish channels from the DR that you see on cable...Its a win win!! The overall cost that I paid was about 12,000 I think...I have a 4.5 Dish, and an S 360P or Sonicview 360 p stands for Premium...If your HD, then you would need an HD box like SV8000 but there are quite a few FTA boxes out there...As for the store, i got my stuff from Digital TV, near Carrefour in SD...free install, but I have no idea if they would travel outside of SD or not..And, they always have full page ads, also sell TVS A./C units, Batteries, Inverters, Etc...Great people there!!

Anthony

Sky, do you have any problems with freezing? I assume your box hooks up the the internet?

As you know, the satellite companies send out signal changes at regular intervals which cause a temporary freeze until the box can get the new code from the internet.

Does that happen to yours, or do you have an uninterrupted signal?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Do you have a SUB?? Subscription?? if so, get a FTA box with thongle, pay for a code and you're good to go...But you may need a larger Dish, depends on the footprint of your area

My DISH network isn't internet connected - as far as I know

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
BTW.,..here is their info

DIGITAL TV
C/ Proyecto No. 4
Urb Constelaci?n.
Phone 809-563-6446

you can send your referral payment to me later..LOL :) kidding...But DT should, my God!! I have sent them many people...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hi JD,

No, not at all...Maybe you have not used yours in a while or don't have one? Dish usually will change their signal on Thursdays, so there are times that we will go down for maybe 1 hour..The coders are great!!! and no new code is ever required until it expires after your one Year deal which only costs 45 bucks a Year..I have no freezing at all, much better over this past Year hands down..Now, I go back with SATS from having a big 10 footer with the front loaded pink module that I hacked with a chip..I would press F1 on my remote, dish would turn, then I could pick over 100 channels or whatever each SAT had..This puppy hit every SAT in the sky, so I had well over 1000 channels, not to mention all those live feeds etc.....That was moons ago, lived in Wantagh NY...I loved that thing, live feeds, it was the best!!

But now? Its still great!! over 800 channels with only 2 SATS being 119 and 110...And for my gal, we also get all of those Spanish channels from the DR that you see on cable...Its a win win!! The overall cost that I paid was about 12,000 I think...I have a 4.5 Dish, and an S 360P or Sonicview 360 p stands for Premium...If your HD, then you would need an HD box like SV8000 but there are quite a few FTA boxes out there...As for the store, i got my stuff from Digital TV, near Carrefour in SD...free install, but I have no idea if they would travel outside of SD or not..And, they always have full page ads, also sell TVS A./C units, Batteries, Inverters, Etc...Great people there!!

Anthony

Thanks for the info in SD, we'll give them a call.

BTW......we come from the same neck of the woods, North Bellmore here.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Your Welcome!

If you need any help on setting it up, hit me back...

And what a small world after all!! I too lived in N Bellmore before moving to Wantagh...I'm having a brain fart of the street name, but there was a car wash right on the corner just below or over the SS Pkwy..That was over 22 Years ago, guess I'm going Alzheimer's now..Oh Joy..

Thanks for the info in SD, we'll give them a call.

BTW......we come from the same neck of the woods, North Bellmore here.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey JD,

May I ask what box your friend has?? Something is very wrong if he is getting any freezing in the past Year or so...They have solved all issues, works 100% with no freezing for sometime, and the only time we do go down is maybe 2 times a Month for 1hour on Thursdays...This is when Dish throws an ECM (Electronic Counter Measure) changing their keys..Our coders figure this out within an hour, great work!! I have a Sonicview 360 Premium for the past 4 Years, never had any problems with it, so I'm wondering if your friend happens to have a cloned FTA box or its damaged, or the time out setting is not set at 20, connections, etc...And what about his dish?? Sometimes a faulty switch can duplicate freezing, especially with all of th erain we get here in the DR...I have changed my switch a few times because of water...I now silicone all connections, then tape

Any info??

Thanks!

Anthony

Did you bring your box down from the states?

There are basically two kinds of receivers:
1. The ones you get from Dish, and pay a monthly charge for programing, and
2. FTA receivers(called pirate receivers) that do not pay a monthly charge to Dish, but pay a yearly charge to a business that does signal "updates" each time the code changes. Those usually have to have an internet connection, be it wired or wireless.

My friends receiver is connected to the internet. Each Dish channel receives a "set" of code changes every few hours that change the code every minute or so.

So, when the code change comes, the signal freezes for 30 seconds or so while the receiver looks for the code update, then unfreezes for 15 seconds or so. This continues for perhaps an hour or so, then the receiver starts functioning normally again.

Did you bring your box down from the states?

There are basically two kinds of receivers:
1. The ones you get from Dish, and pay a monthly charge for programing, and
2. FTA receivers(called pirate receivers) that do not pay a monthly charge to Dish, but pay a yearly charge to a business that does signal "updates" each time the code changes. Those usually have to have an internet connection, be it wired or wireless.

My friends receiver is connected to the internet. Each Dish channel receives a "set" of code changes every few hours that change the code every minute or so.

So, when the code change comes, the signal freezes for 30 seconds or so while the receiver looks for the code update, then unfreezes for 15 seconds or so. This continues for perhaps an hour or so, then the receiver starts functioning normally again.

Denlevi

Sep 14, 2013
What would be the best dish to get that carries all NFL football games? I am an advid fan!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well, some here in the DR actually have Direct-TV and now they are including the NFL package from what I have seen on their TV Ads..But as for Dish, SATS 110/119 are the best for NFL right now..Still, not every game is shown, and when they don't show mine, I just stream it via justin tv, they always have all games broadcasted..BTW, have a small TV I can borrow..LOL...

I'm waiting on my girl's friend for hers, just moved again and need to set my Dish up, but need a TV since I don't have a Dish Meter...I'm kidding about borrowing your TV...Where are you located?? I posted a Dealer in Santo Domingo if you want to get prices etc..When you buy from them, installation is free or it was when I bought mine back in 2007, so ask if you call...Their info is on page one or so

Anthony

What would be the best dish to get that carries all NFL football games? I am an advid fan!

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Actually, I thought that the new dishnetwork coding Nagra3 hasn't been reliably hacked since it was introduced. For network TV, I use a roku and subscribe to USTVNow. You all major network channels and all major cable channels over the internet. Quality and reliability is good.

I also have Claro satellite and the only channel worth watching is AXN.

Cheers!