Lindos

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
There are so many threads bashing Sosua at the moment that we need to form a defense so I propose
League in Defense of Sosua. (LINDOS).

Not a rabble of tattooed, uniformed, weapon-toting skinheads but Dr1-ers armed with a keyboard and rapier wit whose task is to weed out trolls and socks wherever they infiltrate and to bash other towns with equal vigour.

It should be open to Sosua residents and business folk (maybe excluding real estate agents?) and those who wish to keep the town with all its devious and diverse faults and charms.

We have so many posts from people who obviously don't visit or know the place or are basing their experience on third -hand reports.These should be stamped on!

Let's bash Cabarete or Boca Chica, Las Terrenas or Jaun Dolio. Santiago or SD will not be spared, but don't forget fellow Leaguers, no knowledge of these towns is required. Hearsay is quite enough.

(Cabarete is boring anyway and all they get are the left-over chicas from Sosua. The beach is sooo dangerous and I've heard of bull sharks close by.)

Aux Barricades les enfants!!

brlatm

Apr 26, 2012
I'm in!!!!! I vote SD and Santiago but just because I hate large towns!

Oh wait I am tattoed can I still join the Lindos?? But I don't have short hair so maybe that makes up for the ink.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
yeah, I'm in too. what the heck, I think its a great idea. People emigrate to cities and neighborhoods all over the world and give it their own flavor and character so why shouldn't the gringos in Sosua have some sort of voice as to what goes on?
Other Immigrants and ex-pats demand rights and to be heard..

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
How about lifting everyone up and not bashing other cities and etc. The North Coast has tremendous character and potential... Positive talk about the good things here... I come from Chicago...plenty of bad stuff there, but overall a great city and etc. I think things are changing for the better. There is new investment and will be a sense of excitement and hope. Its the people that make the change and not just a hotel or resort or new restaurant... Its the people and their spirit that is important for the future of the North Coast. :)

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Vive las lindos! Viva Sosua ! I am in with my bad spelling and run on sentences! My wit is on the line crossing over into danger. Our first mission needs to take out frank12! The man can write to good. Hahaha
Cabarete is boring except on the weekend. Overprised also. ( deep down I love Cabarete!)

shunch

Nov 21, 2012
I love Sosua. It has so much character. I can sit for hours in a restaurant/pub, watching all the coming and goings of people. I wouldn't dream of going else where. (Well except to visit)

uncle larry

Sep 3, 2013
Things I love about Sosua...the beach and my friend Manuel who always makes sure I have a clean chair, a nice spot in the sand a cold drink when I want to chill; and watches out for my belongings when I go out for long swims across the bay. The awesome swimming...having spent 33 of my 39 years swimming, I can honestly say I have never enjoyed open water swimming like I have in Sosua... The business owners...they always treat me kindly and I love their hospitality. Northern Coast Diving...great people and awesome diving. The locals...the good far outnumber the bad and I have enjoyed all those I met. The ex-pat community...always helpful and welcoming. The legit massage parlor across from Sosua by the Sea where I could get an amazing massage for 500 pesos. The motoconchos...though they can be annoying, I miss them now that I am back home. They are convenient and fun. The nightlife...as a DJ, I love going out, listening to all kinds of music and watching people have a great time. Sosua, and its neighboring towns have great nightlife. say what you want about the ladies and the guys who go to Sosua for that reason only, but one can not deny the scene is fun. The beer...Presidente is my favorite. I experienced sticker shock when I bought a bottle in Philadelphia and had to pay $6 for it. I can't wait to return and see my friends...