Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default moving to Costambar

I am planing to retire in Costambar within the next two years. I already own a house there. Can I live on $2500.00 a month? Can one get decent health care coverage and how much is it?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a decent amount to live off of, provided you don't go bat crap crazy! I can't answer about health care but I would think so from what my friends tell me. Congrats and good luck

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

how old are you? it is difficult to get insurance if over 65. the monthly rate can be anything from 20 dollars (basic TSS) upwards, depending on insurance, plan and extras.

Post Thanks / Like

Default moving to Costambar

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    how old are you? it is difficult to get insurance if over 65. the monthly rate can be anything from 20 dollars (basic TSS) upwards, depending on insurance, plan and extras.
    I am 58 and live fairly conservative. But I still plan to have a bit of fun as long as I can. I am going there for 5 years but since I was always on a holiday I never got a feel how much money I need to live on. I think on a holiday the money is spend easier than when you live there. I am looking forward to move there. I love the Dom Rep and especially the area around Costambar and Cofresi. I never once had problem with locals

5. Likes kjt96 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

get a plan from universal or humano as soon as you arrive. a decent one will be 50 dollars, i guess. 2,500 dollars a month is plenty, fun included. there are few threads on the cost of living so read on to get the feel of the basic cost. costambar power is crap so prepare to invest in an inversor (if you don't have one yet).

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I move in with you?? LOL...Thats plenty, an overkill of funds you will need here!! And yes, take a look around about the cost of living here, I too posted there..Humana is very cheap although I don't have it now, I did..I paid 45 bucks a Month for the Royal Package which is very good coverage..I think their Platinum package is about 100 bucks, but thats 100% coverage of everything..their best package..

PS, I believe Humana is now in the States, perhaps check into them there or online..But the prices would be much cheaper here of course..

Best of luck!!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the advise

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My advice is............ Don't do it...............

10. Dislikes Tamborista, jbars disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, why not?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i have lived in costambar for 5 years on the 26... its a wonderful place, with great people and lots to do. Welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast