diabetes info needed

JHH

Dec 5, 2003
My brother-in-law ,who is dominican and living in santo domigo has diabetes. They are a very poor family and can not aford insulin or testing supplies. I am trying to reseach any info on where , how and if he can get diabetes supplies for free or low cost as you can do here in the states

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if she is in SD she should go to the nearest public hospital. public hospitals have farmacias del pueblo onsite (there can be also found in other locations like universities). a vial of insulin costs 110 pesos.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Good subject! I have a very good Dominican Friend who is a taxi driver that had/has diabetes....Now, advise them to buy apple cider vinegar, must be made by Braggs, it will say WITH MOTHER on the label! Bravo had it when I lived in Santo Domingo, used it for my birds since one had a tumor. This stuff cures many things!!! Cancer, Diabetes, stomach problems, Etc...Also Garlic!! Garlic is a natural cure for a lot of things, kills parasites, bacteria and fungus...You can sprinkle some on the foods they eat or try to make a drink of it, Garlic Powder..However, you can take the Cloves of Garlic, pop a few pin holes into one, then place it in a bowl of water for a few hours...The water will mix with the clove and there you have Garlic water, have them drink it...Those are the 2 very good cures and/or remedies for Diabetes...Has helped my friend very much, he thinks he no longer has diabetes and maybe he doesn't that's the point! You can do some research via the web if you like first...Overall, get started asap with ACV must be Bragg!!! No vinegar will work, its that ingredient of MOTHER whatever it is..

Best wishes

Anthony

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Good subject! I have a very good Dominican Friend who is a taxi driver that had/has diabetes....Now, advise them to buy apple cider vinegar, must be made by Braggs, it will say WITH MOTHER on the label! Bravo had it when I lived in Santo Domingo, used it for my birds since one had a tumor. This stuff cures many things!!! Cancer, Diabetes, stomach problems, Etc...Also Garlic!! Garlic is a natural cure for a lot of things, kills parasites, bacteria and fungus...You can sprinkle some on the foods they eat or try to make a drink of it, Garlic Powder..However, you can take the Cloves of Garlic, pop a few pin holes into one, then place it in a bowl of water for a few hours...The water will mix with the clove and there you have Garlic water, have them drink it...Those are the 2 very good cures and/or remedies for Diabetes...Has helped my friend very much, he thinks he no longer has diabetes and maybe he doesn't that's the point! You can do some research via the web if you like first...Overall, get started asap with ACV must be Bragg!!! No vinegar will work, its that ingredient of MOTHER whatever it is..

Best wishes

Anthony

My grandmother was a big fan of the vinegar.

I think the point that can help anyone suffering with diabetes is that diet matters. That is such a challenge in the DR. But cutting out sugar in coffee, juice, and no coca cola would be a start.

Hope op finds the resources needed to manage the condition.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I was giving this more thought in case this is an emergency situation...Call the Embassy on Monday, ask them about some resources...They also lend money if you can show that they are destitute for I kind of am, took a loan from the Embassy back in 2010, never had to pay it back, but it was small, 300 bucks, but I was very appreciative, so I should not say it was small where I had nothing at the time, no food, nothing!

I do have a contact in the SD Embassy as well as Puerto Plata..In SD, her name is Joanna, she is in the Social Security section, so she may be the best help since its part of what they do..Her direct line is 809-731-4371 can call her between 7:30 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. Monday to Thursday and Fridays 7:30 ? 11:30 A.M..I have not called in a while, so their hours may have changed..You can also hit the Web, US Embassy in the Dominican Republic to see other resources..

PS..If your an American, say its for you!!! word of the wise..

Hope this helps

Anthony

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
JHH . Contact your nearest hospital,beg and barrow for legitimate treatment. You will have to be persistent. You might also have some good luck with your local clergy, not necessarily for supplies but they have powerful contacts.
Secondly when you want entertainment as "Skynet" is suggesting go to a Voo-Doo Doctor in Haiti

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if the person has insulin dependent diabetes they are risking a variety of serious complications if not following proper treatment. those complication include blindness and amputation of legs.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey 8..hope your having a good day..

Reason I suggested contacting the Embassy on their behalf..However, the ACV works very well, it wil help until they can get the proper care...Wish I could help more, this is bad!

if the person has insulin dependent diabetes they are risking a variety of serious complications if not following proper treatment. those complication include blindness and amputation of legs.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Reason I suggested contacting the Embassy on their behalf..However, the ACV works very well, it wil help until they can get the proper care...Wish I could help more, this is bad!

Why would the US Embassy help a non-US citizen?

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012

I don't intend to be a smart azz. The only thing that is bad, is you suggesting "ACV" instead of legitimate medical care.As dv8 indicated diabetes is a serious disease that requires close monitoring by a physician, Preferably a Endocrinologist. Your advice belongs in the clown bin.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hey Tam,

read back on my other post, suggested that they go their saying its for them, not their brother in law..or at least call..

That's serious fraud, come on. So I should borrow a friends health insurance card and ID and pretend to be them to get FREE medical coverage? Stop trying to beat the system I pay for out of every paycheck. I have no tolerance for FREE LOADERS!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I never said instead...If you knew about ACV you would understand better. It will help this person that seems to be doing nothing at this point, that's the real issue from what I can see by the OP...Just trying to help and its very good advice for my friend had the same problem...He even had a huge Ulcer that ACV fixed in only 2 days of mixing it with water since he drives all day...Do a search on ACV for cures...You will see what I mean...I have always used Holistic Remidies for many things, where do you think medicine comes from, plants..which are made into herbs, etc..Herbs will cure an illness if you know what ones to use for what illnesses, its like talking a medicine, but pure! Take a Budgie in the wild, when it falls ill, it will seek out lemongrass, that there is a great fix for many things, birds know, its their instienk. i know becuase I have 58 of them..One had a tumor as I mentioned before, ACV shrunk it down in just 3 weeks and now its gone, has not returned..Also, Sodium Bicarboante cure Cancer! You can use baking Soda... 1 Teaspopn to 1 Liter of water, 3 8 OZ glass a day..Baking Soda contains 99% of Sodium Bicarbonate..As a matter of more knowledge for you about this, search youtube for a Dr Burzynski, its a bit long, but he discovered this cure for Cancer Years ago and almost went to Prison because our so called Government wanted to shut him up, all about the all mighty buck!! FDA needs to make their money, big Pharma needs their big money...Better yet, here is the video Dr Burzynski movie - Fight to cure cancer the FDA don't want to be cured - YouTube

But back to ACV, it works! I would never, never suggest anything on any site if I had no knowledge of what I was talking about especially with health of another Human...

Anthony

I don't intend to be a smart azz. The only thing that is bad, is you suggesting "ACV" instead of legitimate medical care.As dv8 indicated diabetes is a serious disease that requires close monitoring by a physician, Preferably a Endocrinologist. Your advice belongs in the clown bin.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even if the embassy could and would help we are talking a chronic condition here. insulin every day, until death. this is not a temporary measure.

i know that here in POP we have a diabetes institute. they do test and sell meds cheap. this is government entity. i am sure similar clinics must be present in other dominican cities, especially SD. it is worth to check those out.

another option is to contact local rotary club. they constantly organize medical operatives in DR with the help of their foreign counterparts and with the participation from dominican pharma industry. they give away free samples. diabetes type 2 is far more popular so injectable insulin is not the first medicine that is given away.

diet and exercise also influence the quantity of insulin needed. the less you you the less it cost you per day.

on a final note, i would invest in a cooler for insulin storage. OP mentioned the family is poor so there may not be the fridge or regular power to ensure proper storage, especially of unopened bottles.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey Tam,

It was just an idea to help the guy..I know what you mean, I too worked all of my life and had to earn everything I had..But his friend seems to be in a very bad spot..This is not something he can just ignore, it can be life or death, so it was just a thought..I would at least give them a call to see who they can refer him too...As you know, this place is impossible to live in with no money, we need to give mercy at times...I hope he finds the help he needs..

That's serious fraud, come on. So I should borrow a friends health insurance card and ID and pretend to be them to get FREE medical coverage? Stop trying to beat the system I pay for out of every paycheck. I have no tolerance for FREE LOADERS!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
In SD there is "Hospital de la Diabetes" in Los Rios, a public hospital dedicated to diabetic patients. I think it's a good starting point as any.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I never said instead...If you knew about ACV you would understand better. It will help this person that seems to be doing nothing at this point, that's the real issue from what I can see by the OP...Just trying to help and its very good advice for my friend had the same problem...He even had a huge Ulcer that ACV fixed in only 2 days of mixing it with water since he drives all day...Do a search on ACV for cures...You will see what I mean...I have always used Holistic Remidies for many things, where do you think medicine comes from, plants..which are made into herbs, etc..Herbs will cure an illness if you know what ones to use for what illnesses, its like talking a medicine, but pure! Take a Budgie in the wild, when it falls ill, it will seek out lemongrass, that there is a great fix for many things, birds know, its their instienk. i know becuase I have 58 of them..One had a tumor as I mentioned before, ACV shrunk it down in just 3 weeks and now its gone, has not returned..Also, Sodium Bicarboante cure Cancer! You can use baking Soda... 1 Teaspopn to 1 Liter of water, 3 8 OZ glass a day..Baking Soda contains 99% of Sodium Bicarbonate..As a matter of more knowledge for you about this, search youtube for a Dr Burzynski, its a bit long, but he discovered this cure for Cancer Years ago and almost went to Prison because our so called Government wanted to shut him up, all about the all mighty buck!! FDA needs to make their money, big Pharma needs their big money...Better yet, here is the video Dr Burzynski movie - Fight to cure cancer the FDA don't want to be cured - YouTube

But back to ACV, it works! I would never, never suggest anything on any site if I had no knowledge of what I was talking about especially with health of another Human...

Anthony

Absolutely comical !!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Anthony

Has anyone found organic apple cider in SD? Not with alcohol

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Absolutely comical !!

To each his own my friend. I have seen and personally experience excellent results from these similar (comical) remedies after your preferred clinical approach not only failed but caused worse side effects. Doesn't take a genius to figure out the corruption that exists starting from the richest companies in the world (Pharmaceuticals) to lobbyists, to politicians to med school to the Doctors office. Most western meds treat the symptoms not the cause, the new symptoms that come of course have another med for that!!! The BIG $$machine don't turn by healing patients- its by continuous treatments. Usually the Doctor is the innocent bystander as they are taught how to treat.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I know this is a little off topic but it does apply. A diabetic goes to her [his] doctor all there lives at $$ per visit. why not cure it because the medical system says there is no cure or they need the money.
Doctors - Chromium & More
"DIABETES is the number one shame of the "orthodox" doctors in the 20th century. Diabetes is easy to prevent, easy to cure and treat (in laboratory animals and probably in humans) so you can avoid all of the terrible side effects (i.e. blindness, hypertension, amputations, early death, etc.). Since 1958, it has been known that supplemental chromium will prevent and treat diabetes as well as hypoglycemia. Just ask any health food store owner or N.D.! Walter Mertz (the director of the U.S.D.A. field services) published the facts associated with chromium and diabetes in the Federation Proceeding. Here is the ultimate case of a whole specialty of medicine which could be wiped out by universal chromium supplementation Nevertheless these facts are kept secret and away from the public for purely economic reasons.. Additionally, in 1985, the medical school at the University of Vancouver, BC, Canada stated that "vanadium will replace insulin for adult onset diabetics." Chromium/vanadium and the diabetes story should be on the front page of the newspaper in the same bold print as VE DAY instead of announcing things like artificial heart pumps that will temporarily save one life for $250,000!"
I know a Naturopath Doctor that is eliminating diabetes in the US