Expats Living in Punta Cana Need Advice

Agenteflush

Aug 27, 2013
I had posted a thread about moving to the DR. I had some good messages sent to me that I should avoid Sosua due to the crime and I should consider Punta Cana. I understand it is a resort area but is it a nice place to live ? Crime? I love to golf and I was wondering what the average one or two bedroom modern furnished place would run that also allows small house trained dogs ? Any expats living in the Punta Cana area, I would surely love some input.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I had posted a thread about moving to the DR. I had some good messages sent to me that I should avoid Sosua due to the crime and I should consider Punta Cana. I understand it is a resort area but is it a nice place to live ? Crime? I love to golf and I was wondering what the average one or two bedroom modern furnished place would run that also allows small house trained dogs ? Any expats living in the Punta Cana area, I would surely love some input.

Hi:

Check out vrob.com. vacation rentals by owner. There are a number of places and you can compare prices. I have my condo in LT listed there. This will give you a good idea on pricing.

LTSteve

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Very little crime, prices vary.
You should look at Cocotal which is a large gated residential complex with its own golf course, centrally located.

RGM

Jun 5, 2010
I live in Cocotal very nice place to live been living there for 1 1/2 years....very secure....

Lela Joannidis

May 29, 2013
hey there, i live outside bavaro, very nice and clean, golf resort, nice and new houses with apartments for rent, dogs very welcome, access to beach, dogs welcome there too, pool all there! me and my dogs are very happy here, great all-inclusive renting deals, great maintenance service, in general very very helpful here! total security, very safe! sleep with open windows, ground floor!
PM me your email address, just got an email with two apartments free right now! would be lovely to have small dogs neighbors!
ps: lived in cocotal before, my dogs where not too impressed, but here they love it! no cars no threat, plus the beach!!!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
hey there, i live outside bavaro, very nice and clean, golf resort, nice and new houses with apartments for rent, dogs very welcome, access to beach, dogs welcome there too, pool all there! me and my dogs are very happy here, great all-inclusive renting deals, great maintenance service, in general very very helpful here! total security, very safe! sleep with open windows, ground floor!
PM me your email address, just got an email with two apartments free right now! would be lovely to have small dogs neighbors!
ps: lived in cocotal before, my dogs where not too impressed, but here they love it! no cars no threat, plus the beach!!!

Where is this exactly?