Fabrics shops in Santiago.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
what kind of fabric shops are you looking for? clothes or furniture?

There is DUMIT on calle del sol in the city (along with quite a few others on the same street). La Opera sells fabric for a decent price, but often lacks variety (on the second floor)

The is a DUMIT by plaza internacional as well with some more high-end fabrics

On San Luis, below Restauracion there is a fabric store with a nice selection and decent prices. In front is a store that sells curtain and furniture fabric.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
what are you planning? there are definitely tricks to navigating the stores -some are better than others, some have good deals on certain things (like uniform fabric) but are super expensive for other stuff. you have to look around. a lot

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
When I need fabric for curtains or furniture I always go to the store called Epoca in Santiago. It is not cheap, but they have the most beautiful fabric for your home.
You find a store at 27. de Febrero right at the entrance to Jardines Metropolitanas and another one close to Calle del Sol.
You can check their web page tiendalaepoca.com

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I agree. Epoca is the best fabric store in Santiago. Nothing compares on the north coast. As of 2 years ago it was closed between noon and 2pm.