Salon question for the ladies..

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Moves to the D.R this summer
So, maybe this is just because I only went to the salon in Cabrera, and it will be totally different in StoDgo, but when I went to cut my hair the girl seemed completely confused by my sidecut that's growing out. I want to shave it again with some design, but not really sure now if any salon will know how to do it? Any recommendations for SD??

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do you have skrillex cut? maybe try male hairdresser for shave deign?

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
Yes I'm thinking I might have to go to a male one, a barber maybe. In Sweden a Uruguayan girl did it for me with cool designs but that might be difficult here.

I don't think they'll have a problem with my hair type, they cut it great, she's probably just never seen the side shave or how it looks when it's been growin out for a few months lol

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
girl, you are edgy, eh? i am not sure a normal female salon would be familiar with skrillex hair. most hairdresser would brand you mad for shaving "good hair" :) but male hairdressers (as in male salons) in DR are very skilled with shaving all kinds of patterns and designs. so you may have more luck there. i actually think it is the best idea for you, doing it on the cheap, without travelling. i had my hair done in male salons before. and eyebrows. a lot less fuss than normal dominican hairdresser who take 3 hours to wash and dry. i do not have this kind of time to spare, sister, i need to write on dr1, ya know.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I have seen this style in POP on ladies...shaved close on one side with a name shaved in too. Sorry do not know if done by a salon or one of the "homies" but definitely looked ghetto fabulous.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Way back when, my friend and I figured out that if we used a female salon type hairdresser for our haircuts , not only was it cheaper but BETTER..... we've never looked back.

Men's cuts were maybe $7-8 then......... the salon was $5 or less for us.
Big savings for us at the time.... college days.

On the way out we suffered a bit of a culture/sex gap...

"That'll be $4 for for the cut and $1 for the blow job."...
We practically died.... laugh about it to this day... 40 + years alter

"Best I ever had ....We'll be back soon..." was our reply...:D

Chennifer

Oct 18, 2008
You only live once dv8 ;) and I'm dying with this long hair in the heat! Think I'm gonna try first at my husband's barber in Cabrera, if he's not good with designs I can just do it again when I get back to SD. But I loooooved havin my hair washed at the salon! It was the secado that was killing me! They don't need to spend an hour on making my hair straight, it is already!

William Webster, Yeah I've seen it on a few girls here too, in SD. But I was still gonna let it grow out then so never asked them :/