Need help - International Living Magazine

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I write for International Living Magazine and have provided them with the Cost of Living Index for the DR for the past couple of years and they have just asked for it again. This year however, they want quotes from expats in each of the categories as they want more coverage on the DR. Ideally the expats should be North American and over 50 which is their target market. The categories are:
Cost of Living
Expat community (do you feel comfortable here, how do the Dominicans act towards you etc)
Entertainment and Amenties (restaurants, what is there to do, shopping, how boring is life)
Health (costs and quality of service_
Climate (how comfortable is it)

I need quotes on each of the above, maybe a little story ? ie I broke my leg and it only cost x to get it fixed and the service was great, plus your nationality and first name. If you are prepared to help then please post here or pm me.

On a similar issue they are always looking for case studies about North American expats who live here and who have businesses. This is a great opportunity for you to promote your business whatever it is, hotel, bar,tour company whatever. I would just need to interview you by email or skype and you let me have a couple of photos. Anyone who wants to do this just let me know. We can put your business contact details in the article which should help with your business.

Matilda

DominicanQuest

Oct 22, 2012
Hey. Fellow expat here. I too write for a living, articles and blogs. I also have an English school here in Santo Domingo that I would not mind having profiled. I am interested, but I am in the 30-35 category. If you are interested PM me, and I will do whatever I can to help you out.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I fit your profile just let me know what you need and 'by when.' Travelling for the next few weeks.