Friday the Thirteenth

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Tomorrow is Friday the Thirteenth. The day Murphy invented, if anything is to go wrong it will go wrong on the thirteenth. So, stock up on some cold Presidentes and sit the day out worry free in drinking pleasure.

This would be a good time to hear some anecdotes of Dominican superstitions from you all to enjoy the passing of the day. ;)

Regards,

PJT

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0KHCqYCyWD4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>...................

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In Italy 13 is good luck. They wear a 13 charm on their bracelets. Those Italians always doing the opposite.:)

But it supposedly came from a certain date in history when a pope demanded that the Knights Templar be abolished. or maybe that really happened on a martes?

I believe it was the French king that couldnt pay his dept to the Templars, so he rounded most of them up and tortured an "confession" out of them that they where praising the devil instead of good ol`Jebus. And of course as a good christian he said he didnt want to pay any money to the Devil....

After the Confessions In good old christian tradition, they were burned at the stake- In Gods name of course.

Praise Jebus.

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
Are you aware that most buildings don't have a 13th floor? Strange as it sounds working in multistory construction for 3 decades I don't believe I've ever worked on a floor marked #13. they go direct from 12 to 14. Check it out if you aren't aware of it.
Der Fish

Only in the US of A.
Still people living on the 14th tho.....

Como_un_cameron

Jan 8, 2011
That is ture presumably. I had a contract with three Jewish brothers from Ukraine. AT first they had the 13th floor marked as such, but then they removed the sign, don't have any idea who said what to the Rogonivich brothers.
Der Fish

Well they just sold that 13th floor to another building I guess.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yea but we have a great fight on the 14TH!!! Mayweather and Canelo...Canelo should take the win..Too much power, too fast and is a smart fighter although very young 23...So, whatever happens today so be it, looking forward to tomorrow..

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Yea but we have a great fight on the 14TH!!! Mayweather and Canelo...Canelo should take the win..Too much power, too fast and is a smart fighter although very young 23...So, whatever happens today so be it, looking forward to tomorrow..

No one else to fight.

Might be a set-up for at least 2 more fights after this one. hmmmmm