DR Car Dealerships and last years models

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Another question from a layman ;):

What do the car dealers with new models from last year?

Say, model 2014 is out and they still have new 2012 / 2013 models with 0 kilometers. There should be some bargains possible or?

I mean, they do not ship them back or so in exchange for more recent trims...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
They sell them at reduced prices. A friend of main got a 2005 SUV well into 2006, and the price was almost 20% off, even though it was basically the same as a 2006. Of course, it's not the same when you want to sell it, and some banks don't want to apply the same interest rates as the new ones. And often the ones that didn't sell are obviusly those models/colors/trims people wanted least.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Say, model 2014 is out and they still have new 2012 / 2013 models with 0 kilometers. There should be some bargains possible or?

I bought a brand new 0 mileage KIA 2012 last year for good price. I dealt with Bruce at MOTORALEX S.A. <motrax06@yahoo.com> they are on the corner of Betancourt and Nunes de Caceres Bella Vista SD. Tell him Rob suggested him. Great guy very American Dominican. Excellent service and follow up.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I have never understood the model 2013 thing they use here (and maybe also in the USA?). As far as I know in Europe you have the model which changes every 3 or 4 years and the year of build. No one really cares about the year of build as long as it is the newest model and 0 km. Maybe it has to do that most of the time you buy a new car in europe and wait until it comes from the factory (so you always have a recent build) while in DR you buy the car and bring it with you?

Jan 9, 2004

Check with Viamar. They are the officially licensed distributor of the brand in the DR. They may have further dealer outlets that sell the brand, but start with them first. This is likely where you may find a "deal" on a leftover or they can direct you to another dealer that has the color model you want.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
The usual turn on model change is 4 Years..Then the manufacturer will usually go to another innovative creation, hoping that their new design will produce more sales etc..I think we all get that...That said, if you don't care about keeping up with the Jones's so to speak, always go for the left over Year, you will save a ton of money...Now, there may also be incentives on those left overs that the dealer will take if you don't know about it...Rebates, discounts, etc...Always ask...Overall, I never seen a salesman not wanting to get that older model off the lot for extra money...Meaning, the dealer principal, will always make it clear to them! The older vehicles on my lot is costing me money!! get them sold! This is why, you may be offered a left over if you happen to be looking for a new..Its an inventory thingy with the manufacturer and it can hurt the dealer if they have a lot of leftovers...Another term, its called floor plan...It must be balanced or the dealer will not get the inventory they request of new model's each Year

Its a long story of the process and awards to the dealer...But bottom line is, you're better off going with a left over unless, well, you're wanting to keep up with the Jones's..Overall, what really changes anyways from one Year to another unless its a total redesign...Not much...And also keep in mind, with anything new and not tested for long, especially with cars & trucks, you could get a recall monster! I say, if you're wanting that new car, wait at least 6 Months to see how it does in the open market..For example, Ford went to the Explorer in 1991 first model, did away with the Bronco 11..That 91 Explorer had major issues, recall after recall..Body bushings, brake issues, transmission issues, same as the first 2 Years of their Focus and the
4EAT transmission was a horror! it was so bad that it made the exchange program, just change the transmission if a customer has a problem..

But I never take my advice..LOL..I too would always take the new ride...But you will save a lot of money on the left overs hands down..

Good luck!

Anthony

Last edited:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
PS..Figured to mention...If your in the N.Y N.J area and are in the market for a Ford, PM me, I have a few contacts that should give you a great deal! Sorry, nothing here in the DR..

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
PS..Figured to mention...If your in the N.Y N.J area and are in the market for a Ford, PM me, I have a few contacts that should give you a great deal! Sorry, nothing here in the DR..

I have a great deal on a used SERTA in Nebraska, only used once.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
http://www.****edconsumer.com/revie...ems-in-dominican-republic-20121226370313.html

OUCH...

Errm. Link won't work name is "pi$$edconsumer.com" he he

Here is the text:

GRUPO VIAMAR - KIA SPORTAGE PROBLEMS IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
by Anonymous Dec 26, 2012 Review #: 370313
Company GRUPO VIAMAR
Product / Service KIA SPORTAGE 2012
Location Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Category Advertisements and Cons
Views 23
Monetary Loss
$26500

My name is Georges Sami SAATI, I am a customer of your company..
I am actually living in Miami, Florida. I bought a KIA Sportage 2012 last December in the Dominican Republic. Having only used 14,000 Km (8,750 miles), with less than 10 months of purchase, the car engine exploded. These pistons have holes in them (Pictures Attached).
I bought the car from a dealership called TRANSAUTO telephone 809-363-1414 Brand New and paid cash upon purchase. The Dealership bought it from an Authorized KIA dealership AUTO HAUS, Av. John F. Kennedy esq. Gracita Alvarez 809-334-4111 who in turn bought it from VIAMAR who is the representative of KIA in the Dominican Republic. They all said they were not responsible for the explosion of the motor. Since I got the car, I have had several problems. I strongly believe that you sold me a LEMON.
Hoping that the KIA Motors Company will make the intelligent decision by doing the right thing and taking responsibility for the factory defective motor.
If this is not solved, I will have no other recourse but to pursue this matter in the Courts and the judges will decide.
Your company sold over 1.4 million vehicles in 2010, your Net Income was 3 Billion dollars, you have dealers in 172 countries and you ranked as company number 318 globally in July 2012. Resolving this issue must not be that difficult, it is just a question of COURAGE TO RESPECT THE CONSUMER.
Description of the CAR:
TYPE: JEEP KIA SPORTAGE 2012 BLACK
CHASSIS: KNAPB811BC7208075
MOTOR Number: G4KDBS133191

It is on Facebook. 177774b

Kia Sportage (5)Dominican Republic (14)KIA dealership AUTO (1)JEEP KIA SPORTAGE (2)
Useful (0)
Funny (1)
Bull**** (0)

Report Spam
Comments (3) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or Login

Post Comment
Explosi?n de motor KIA - HyundExplosi?n de motor KIA - Hyund
Jun 08 from Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional
GRUPO VIAMAR REPUBLICA DOMINICANA - KIA MOTORS - EXPLOSION DEL MOTOR. KIA Sportage y Hyundai Tucson tiene el mismo problema.

Explosi?n de motor KIA Sportage en Republica Dominicana.

GEORGES SAMI SAATI compro en fecha 12 de Noviembre de 2011, y en fecha 15 de Noviembre 2012, con solo 14,644 Kms recorridos, en la direcci?n que conecta con Boca Chica en horas nocturnas, pr?ximo a la media noche, en los alrededores de la Bomba Isla, justo antes del peaje de la Avenida las Am?ricas, Republica Dominicana el autom?vil present? fallas en el motor, perdiendo la velocidad para proseguir su marcha y finalmente apag?ndose por completo, exploto el motor de la KIA Sportage, por ello se tuvo que remolcar o empujar propiamente dicho, hasta la bomba, para estacionarlo correctamente.

Que la empresa VIAMAR que representa KIA Motors ofrece a sus compradores ciertas garant?as, con la intenci?n de captar clientes que a su vez favorezcan el desarrollo de la empresa, a saber: Ofrece Cien Mil (100,000 Kms!!!) Kil?metros o Sesenta (60) Meses de uso, en el entendido de que el veh?culo vendido por la empresa antes referida que presente ciertas dificultades de f?brica, la empresa se hace responsable de las mismas, tales aseveraciones est?n sustentadas en las formas publicitarias de la empresa.

GEORGES SAMI SAATI hab?a avisado a VIAMAR con anterioridad que el carro presentaba problemas, antes de que ocurriera la explosi?n de los pistones. ... Show more
GEORGES2013GEORGES2013
Jun 03
This stealing legally, there is always a fine print that the buyer does not know about. We have to start a Class Action Suit against KIA. :(
AbuseAbuse
Feb 23 from Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional
KIA and Hyundai same company, they are making a fortune lately. Many people have had the same problem. They claim that there cars are so good they give 100,000 Kms warranty whereas Honda only gives 60,000 Kms. When you have a problem they refuse to comply. This problem happened to quite a few people before. They do not want to set a precedent.