Lou's Shark Bar

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Lou sold it. New owner renovating. Will open soon. (All I know for now).

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Another Sosua institution gone. Spent many a night with Lou in the Shark Bar until the wee hours of the morning.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hopefully he got more for The Shark Bar than he did for the one on the beach:D

May 29, 2006
The venue was fine, esp with the satellite radio, regular sports and real mixed drinks. Even the Snapple and Slim Jims were a nice touch. All it needed was a full-time owner to have the place open more often. Unfortunately, as the main fixture of the place, most of the value was in Lou himself as the host.

Lou came and gave me some first aid once when I was in a scuffle, but that's a long story..

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I agree that Lou would be the main attraction for any ba. He is funny, gregarious, charming, and just a fun guy to be around. He came into the bar where i worked a few time last spring and he was a hoot to be around. I really like his personality. I think wherever he goes, he'll always come back to the DR. He seemed to really fit in and looked quite comfortable and relaxed. He spoke Spanish as well, if i remember correctly. People like him never leave the DR for long. The place keeps pulling you back...even when you try your best to break out.

Frank

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Lou

I agree that Lou would be the main attraction for any ba. He is funny, gregarious, charming, and just a fun guy to be around. He came into the bar where i worked a few time last spring and he was a hoot to be around. I really like his personality. I think wherever he goes, he'll always come back to the DR. He seemed to really fit in and looked quite comfortable and relaxed. He spoke Spanish as well, if i remember correctly. People like him never leave the DR for long. The place keeps pulling you back...even when you try your best to break out.

Frank

A great guy and friend. Very sad to see him go. I will miss him !

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i remember my first trip to the "promise land". he saw me wondering up and down the street and invited me in. never forget his "fatherly" talk about the goings on in sosua.

great guy.......

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Hope the new owner has a good game plan. That location is terrible. I can't believe Lou passed on the old Bora Bora for that cement bunker.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was waiting for your Chuleta comment. Disappointed it took you so long. Any idea who got custody of the trannies in the sale negotiations?

Lou built them a house as part of their separation agreement complete with a bird cage.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
It has re-opened as Lynda's restaurant & bar.
I give Lynda 6 monthstill closing sale. Sorry to be negative but if lou couldn't make it with his cult following then who can in that location..But then again cults are bad,AKA Jim Jones and David Koresh,but then again maybe Lynda's will have regular hours and not close down for months at a time..

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I was waiting for your Chuleta comment. Disappointed it took you so long. Any idea who got custody of the trannies in the sale negotiations?

did did....did someone say 'trannies" I swear I thought I was putting on chap-stick and not red lipstick..... and...and the reason I had on high heels and a skirt was for a joke....I mean Halloween....I shave my legs because I'm a competitive swimmer,... I swear