Round Up Weed killer?

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Hello

Is Round Up weed killer available in Santo Domingo? All I found at Americana was a herbicide I wasn't familiar with and wasn't about to use because the instructions were in Spanish.

Thanks for any info
Steve

May 29, 2006
The active ingredient in Round Up is Glyphosate, so look for that in the ingredients.

One thing that can work is pure urea. It will "burn" the plants because of its high nitrogen content. Only downside is if it doesb't kill the plants, they'll really take off on you.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Los Lobos,

For grass , to kill the weeds only use 2-4-D . It is available in most Fertiliser/Feed places about 300 Rd$ per litre bottle. For complete herbicide- kills everything - Paraquat 20 - sold usually in gallon containers. Dont know the price.
Both of these are quite dangerous to humans and animals so be careful.
We dont know SD that well so cant help you with where to get these. Hope that helps.

Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Gliffosade or something like that.... ask any jardinero, they use herbicides all the time... some for broad leaves, another for more narrow leaves.

We just sprayed a new property - not a green leaf left - needed to see what was under all that growth.
It grows back quickly...

The agro vets sell it....

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Weed killers are so expensive. Pickling vinegar( or extra strength) works just as well, takes 2-3 days instead of 1 day but
that's all we use now, no more expensive weed killers. And its easy to find.

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
Thanks for all of the responses. Im quite familiar with Paraquat and 2-4-D as I hold a restricted Use Pesticide license in the states and I know how nasty they and would like to stay away from them. I guess I will visit a fertilizer and feed store as I am also looking for Talstar granular insecticide ( Maybe only wishful thinking). I keep having a dream that I will be carried off in the middle of the night by the armies of ants. Im not worried about the theifs.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Paraquat is banned in most countries besides here. Many people get sick and die from it and dont know what caused it. The danger is when its being mixed as the toxicity is most high then. Stay away from that herbicide. theres another similar one called Gramazon
2-4-D is a better option but only kills wide leaf plants and leaves the grass. Great for lawns. Will kill vines.
Round-up which kills all vegetable matter is sold in powder and liquid form at the La Riconada Santo Domingo. The powder is stronger. This kills the whole plant to the roots (unlike Paraquat that just burns the leaves) There are other glyphosate based weed killer brands like Rayo. or just ask for Glisosofante in sp at the shop. This is not as poisonous -in colombia the DEA spray it out of airplanes on the coca plants

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Hello

Is Round Up weed killer available in Santo Domingo? All I found at Americana was a herbicide I wasn't familiar with and wasn't about to use because the instructions were in Spanish.

Thanks for any info
Steve
" No Problemo"
Ask the guy my friend hired in to kill mosquitos. He was walking by with the spray tanks. He sprayed everything for a very reasonable price except that it killed all the plants very well and not the mosquitos .

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Use Round Up and you can join the massive class action lawsuit in the Unites States if you develop Non- Hodgkins Lymphoma.