Promotional Video for North Coast

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Thanks to the efforts by the Director of Tourism Mr Lorenzo Sancassani and with the support of President Danilo Medina and sponsorship of Lifestyle Holidays a promotional video about the north coast was produced by the firm GT7 Media. The video gives an overview of all the beauty the tourist can enjoy during his visit to Puerto Plata, Sos?a and Cabarete.

Video: YouTube

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
From today's Sosua News:

Thanks to the efforts by the Director of Tourism Mr Lorenzo Sancassani and with the support of President Danilo Medina and sponsorship of Lifestyle Holidays a promotional video about the north coast was produced by the firm GT7 Media. The video gives an overview of all the beauty the tourist can enjoy during his visit to Puerto Plata, Sos?a and Cabarete.

what type of assistance did Danilo give? anything like his assistance in the school desk design competition?

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Quite good except not a single shot of a windsurfer? Very sad.
Makes me feel great about living here though :)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Quite good except not a single shot of a windsurfer? Very sad.
Makes me feel great about living here though :)

You must have missed the shots and description of windsurfers in Cabarete. It is around the 4 minute mark.
The video is nicely done.

Last edited:
Very nice video...

only if they would lower the airport fees.

From today's Sosua News:

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I have no argument with the quality of the video work.
As far as the Robin Leach wannabe British accent of the audio goes......Yuck.
What's with the monkeys anyways?
I find the whole thing to be "over the top" and a little too slick.
One of the things I love about the D.R. is the fact that it is NOT slick.
But that is just one man's opinion.

Jan 17, 2009
The video is okay but it would be a lot better in my view if the narrator didn't start it with: "check into one of our high-end hotels or into one of our most exclusive resorts in the North Coast, then choose from a variety of adventures" as if any of those adventures couldn't be had anyway without going high-end.

loveydovey

Dec 16, 2011
I'm thinking the monkeys are from Monkey Jungle, they were showing the ziplining at the same time. I thought it was cheezy.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
What would you want them to show, clowns makin' it rain and ****ing in the street?

The 2014 NC vid will have shots of the New and Improved Playa Sosua

LOL....For those of us who have been there multiple times, and know what the area is really about, it wouldn't be as far-fetched as the idyllic picture they are trying to paint of the North Coast in the video.........and what you described is pretty much the REALITY of a Saturday night, nowadays, on PC.....warts and all.........like it or not........

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
what is the target audience for this video? do prospective tourists sit in front of a monitor and watch 7 minutes of video? really? where?

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I think it is nice because I know a little about the North coast and the video even had me almost convinced that it would be a nice place for a vacation. I didn't care for the narrator's voice or the music. There were some nice scenes.
Did you guys really think a video put out by ministry of tourism would show the seedy side?

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I would rather see reality than misinformation.......no matter how painful it is....but that wouldn't be good for tourism.