Renewal of Firearm License, MIP f#cked up again

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Ministerio de Interior y Policia reported in all newspapers about new carnets with biometric info, blah blah blah... the only problem is that those carnets don't exist yet, and old carnets are not issued anymore. So, if your license is about to expire this month, you will not get the new one in next 60 days. Well, they say 60 days, si Dios quiere, of course. They say that police patrols are informed about this, so you can carry your gun with expired license, as soon as you have paid for renewal.. but in real life, of course, those imbeciles in the street will stop you, say your license is expired and you are in trouble now... just another reason for them to extort money.

Why the f#ck they can't issue old carnets until the new ones are ready? Ran out of plastic again??:mad:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
MMM, interesting, need to look at my papers..But, is the 60 days an issue for you?? Just ask obozo to help you, he's all for firearms as you know...Rolling Eyes!! Just don't carry for that time frame, but of course that is when you will have trouble, never fails!

Anthony

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
First of all, I paid for it, I have the right to carry. Their problems is not my problem. I carry it every day and I hope I'll continue like this. Another point is that they confirm that it's legal to carry it with the expired license, as soon as you paid for renewal. The problem is that it's always too difficult to explain something like this to idiots in police uniform in the street, if they stop you and ask for papers. So now I need to have both of my expired carnets with me, the recibos from BanReservas, the copy of drug test results from Amadita lab (it's needed for renewal), the printed screenshot from MIP website that my license is already renewed in their database, and the copy of this Aviso about those 60 days from their website. Isn't that too much sh#t to carry for just 1 gun??

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Is it necessary to use all the bad language? Putting a # in the word doesn't help. I guess I'm old fashioned but many people don't like this, especially those from outside the USA.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
In the past, I apply about 30 days before mine would expire. Take all the tests and they would be 30 days more issuing the new permits so mine had expired. I just have a copy of old and receipt for the paid for permits that I'm waiting for. I keep my originals in my wallet.

I've NEVER been stopped or asked about my gun and it goes where I go but I do keep it concealed and have only pulled up my shirt as I feel I need a little deterrent and that has worked fine. Some of the police KNOW that I carry and ask if I'm armed. We then compare and have a good time. It becomes a "show me yours and I'll show you mine" gun thing.

If the cops are giving you a problem perhaps it is because you are giving them one with an obvious gun display?

Again.... never had a cop ask me about my 9mm that is on me just about all the time.

Agree with drstock. If this experience has you this upset, then perhaps YOU should not be carrying.

Last edited:

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Ringo, where do yo live? I live in Santo Domingo, they stop cars frequently here, especially at night. The first question is about armas de fuego. What should I say? Yes, I have the legal one. Then the next question is to show the license. So now I have to show the expired license and explain all the long story about old licenses, new licenses, blah blah blah... I think it can take up to 30 minutes for those imbeciles to understand the point. I hate to waste my time, that's it.

Regarding bad language, I think people who complaint about this are gay. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo, where do yo live? I live in Santo Domingo, they stop cars frequently here, especially at night. The first question is about armas de fuego. What should I say? Yes, I have the legal one. Then the next question is to show the license. So now I have to show the expired license and explain all the long story about old licenses, new licenses, blah blah blah... I think it can take up to 30 minutes for those imbeciles to understand the point. I hate to waste my time, that's it.

Regarding bad language, I think people who complaint about this are gay. :)

I think that you have just nailed your own problem. Figure it out for yourself.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
It becomes a "show me yours and I'll show you mine" gun thing.
Guys, I don't know, maybe you do "show me yours and I'll show you mine" thing each time when you meet the police in a restroom in front of the urinal, lol... but I just prefer to have my papers up to date, if I paid for it on time. If they still don't have new carnets, why don't they issue the old ones? The printer broke?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Guys, I don't know, maybe you do "show me yours and I'll show you mine" thing each time when you meet the police in a restroom in front of the urinal, lol... but I just prefer to have my papers up to date, if I paid for it on time. If they still don't have new carnets, why don't they issue the old ones? The printer broke?

Dead. Delete. Close file.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Is it necessary to use all the bad language? Putting a # in the word doesn't help. I guess I'm old fashioned but many people don't like this, especially those from outside the USA.

Bad language and guns don't go together! Wheres the respect .....punk....go ahead ask yourself! Did I fire 5 or 6 rounds? Well......punk! ( said in my best Clint Eastwood voice!) :eek:

Jul 4, 2010
In the past, I apply about 30 days before mine would expire. Take all the tests and they would be 30 days more issuing the new permits so mine had expired. I just have a copy of old and receipt for the paid for permits that I'm waiting for. I keep my originals in my wallet.

I've NEVER been stopped or asked about my gun and it goes where I go but I do keep it concealed and have only pulled up my shirt as I feel I need a little deterrent and that has worked fine. Some of the police KNOW that I carry and ask if I'm armed. We then compare and have a good time. It becomes a "show me yours and I'll show you mine" gun thing.

If the cops are giving you a problem perhaps it is because you are giving them one with an obvious gun display?

Again.... never had a cop ask me about my 9mm that is on me just about all the time.

Agree with drstock. If this experience has you this upset, then perhaps YOU should not be carrying.

When stopped by authorities and asked if I carry any weapons, I invariably give them a quote from the Good Book, or say something to the effect that 'God protects me, I don't need no weapon', which of course is a distracting ruse, since I'm armed to the teeth! 8)