Las Gallleras or Terenas

P

pat

To explore the Samana Pen. (and also enjoying the beatch), is it better to stay in Las Terenas or Galleras (in a small hotel)?
Thanks for your advice.

D

DeanO

Both places *PIC*

If you have the time, stay on both locations, they differ, Las Galeras is a small village and Las Terrenas is a small town. For more details, see the link to www.samana.net
DeanO

M

Marc

Good advice from Dean. We prefer Las Terenas as there is more to do and see in the town, yet the beach is still super quiet. They are both amazing places to be at, so you can't really make a "bad" choice.

marc

P

PITA

PAT: Re: Las Gallleras or Terenas

Pat, it's entirely up to you - you know? - what YOU like for environment, stuff to do , or not? True, Las Galeras is smaller and less to do thn Terenas, but you can see both and decide for yourself.I guess anywheres in DR is nice, but what's NICE for YOU?that's the important thing.
pita

R

RayJ

Re: Las Gallleras or Terenas. Advice please?

Can you advise please about me seeing Punta Cana , or Bavaro, or La Romana?

I am in love with Terrenas, but I would like to see the beaches down in the Southeast to know what I'm missing. Are they better?

I disdain the posh resort type mentallity so I'm not looking for that. Could I find the real DR there? I like mingling with the native culture rather than the tourist trap.

I even don't care to mingle with the tourists in Terrenas who are probably better than the filthy rich who spend on the the ultra resorts in PC.

I am American by the way.

Thank you for responses.