DR is losing war against drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013

According to Leopoldo Diaz of the Hogares Crea Dominicano drug rehabilitation centers, in 40 years the DR has been losing the war against drugs. He said that the government, church, professionals and politicians are indifferent to the scourge, as reported in Hoy.

He said the country has gone from being a transshipment point, to a market, distribution center and laboratory for the production of drugs.

He criticized civil society organizations for never speaking out against drugs.

He said that the evidence is in the increase in children as young as eight, ten or 12 using and selling drugs.

He criticized the lack of government investment in the rehabilitation of drug victims. He said that Hogares Crea Dominicano helped 1,200 people every year at their 42 centers.

Leopoldo D?az:

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
I think if the country does not take seriously, make it a NATIONAL PRIORITY, they might become a NEW MEXICO OR COLUMBIA. The funny both HAITI AND DR will be exposed. I frankly did not know that DRUGS were so big in DR. And, I think that is Y so many crimes as well

Also, speaking about drugs , here is what the prosecutor said today:

Justice minister Francisco Dom?nguez on Sunday said authorities such as Antinarcotics (DNCD) agents and even judges are in complicity with drug pushers. ”Drug trafficking corrodes everything: youth, the national police, the DNCD, and even bribe judges and prosecutors at any given time.”

He said there are communities where the confiscation of drugs isn’t reported even when the traffickers are known.

Speaking on Santo Domingo TV, the official said there are big problems with area drug pushers and medium traffickers , which often corrupt law enforcement agencies.“We as a nation, as a society cannot afford to let narco-trafficking penetrate the institutions."

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
What I didn't know is that there was any war going on here.
Drug money decides who run for president and the who wins the election
Drug money drives the economy through money laundry
Drug lords have a very long and very public payroll.

So if the government is benefiting from drugs, and the private sector is benefiting from drugs, and the regular joe is benefiting from drugs, then who is fighting?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The only countries I know of who aren't "losing" the "war on drugs" are those with a mandatory death penalty for even the smallest possession.

Do we want to go there?

SingaporeEmbarkationCard.png

800px-CKS_Airport_drugs_sign.JPG

I always wanted to go to Taiwan.

I had some friends who went to Singapoer on a cultural exchange. They were puppeteers. First time there they slept late, big jet lag. When they woke up and flipped on the TV, the weekly drug trafficing executions were live and in color. Let's just say it wasn't like Sesame Street for influencing the population as to societal do's & dont's...;)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

According to Leopoldo Diaz of the Hogares Crea Dominicano drug rehabilitation centers, in 40 years the DR has been losing the war against drugs. He said that the government, church, professionals and politicians are indifferent to the scourge, as reported in Hoy.

He said the country has gone from being a transshipment point, to a market, distribution center and laboratory for the production of drugs.

He criticized civil society organizations for never speaking out against drugs.

He said that the evidence is in the increase in children as young as eight, ten or 12 using and selling drugs.

He criticized the lack of government investment in the rehabilitation of drug victims. He said that Hogares Crea Dominicano helped 1,200 people every year at their 42 centers.

Leopoldo D?az:

The DR is not alone. The US is in the same boat.

LTSteve

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
The biggest drug cartel in DR is DNCD. So how could DR lose the war against drugs, if there was no war at all?

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
The biggest drug cartel in DR is DNCD. So how could DR lose the war against drugs, if there was no war at all?

I think that is the biggest problem for the COUNTRY when you have people who are in charge, who were supposed to catch drug dealers, instead they have formed a PACT with these criminals

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
There is an easy to stop the drug trafficking through the DR is just poison all the drugs they get and let them go through. They would find another route and not through the DR if not the problem will go away all on its own

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Here in Boca Chica in the barrio there's a colmado owned by a dncd cop, across the street there's a punto controlled by the same cop. The last couple of weeks he and his colleagues are rounding up anybody else who's making a couple pesos selling a bit of herb. Enough said.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As long as there are no public executions of dealers, there will be no end to it.

The DR can NEVER win the drug war. It is impossible - Prohibition does not work no matter what steps are taken to try and stop drugs.

People need to think differently. If you noticed, some states in the US have taken small steps such as legalizing marijuana.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Huh? The USA has a higher percentage of her citizens in jail than any other country on the planet. ANd if they weren't playing the game of a war on drugs that wouldn't be the case. Wars on drugs are only political things. No practical meaning at all.
Here or there or elsewhere.
Der Fish

The US has TWICE as many prisoners as China : the world's largest populated country. The entire prison industrial complex is a business. Do you realize or know that there are matrices where the potential of clients(normally young black males) are calculated from the age of seven years old?

These firms are on Wall Street and are very profitable based on their warehousing of human beings - basically for non violent related drug use. Viva America!

Status
Not open for further replies.