Camera Dealer on the North Coast?

dalark

Aug 5, 2013
Is there a major camera dealer anywhere on the North Coast? One who knows DSLR's and has a pretty good selection? That failing, is there anybody that has a smaller camera shop that is into cameras and knows what he is doing?
I want to find someone good to work with. I have top of the line camera equipment I'd like to sell and I think someone like that would be pretty well plugged into the store traffic and contacts needed to provide interest. My Daddy always told me "If you want to catch fish, first you have to go where the fish are....". A good camera dealer, or very active (as in busy) professional sounds to me like "where the fish are".
Are there any such people here that you all would recommend?
Also after I sell the set-up I will be needing other equipment, accessories, lighting and macro for another project. So, I'm looking for someone who both sells camera stuff but also either buys it or has good connections to others who might want really good equipment, really cheap....if there is such a thing in the camera world.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Did your Daddy tell you to go to B&H photo on Eighth Avenue in New York.
HINT...Sell it privately.

dalark

Aug 5, 2013
Oops! I wasn't clear. I live on the Island, but suffer from being new here. I do want to sell this stuff privately and am thinking the connections I would make through a retailer or professional would run deeper than the very limited available resourses I have right now.
Either the establishment would say "yes we are looking for good condition, top of the line equipment, bring it to us and let us look." or they would say " Why don't you talk to Jxxxxe over at Camxxxx Photography, he was looking for some equipment recently."
As far as B&H Camera goes....many of my photo items did, in fact, come from there...aren't they great?!
Also, Adorama, Amazon, Samy's Camera, etc.
I would just like to establish some local photography contacts, since I am here.