window cleaner killed in SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Ok here's one from Listin today, in Spanish but that shouldn't be a problem since "most" that live here and drive read Spanish. Read it before the nerds wake up and start fighting and the thread gets closed, deleted or moved to the exclusive sector.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Its too bad that one person has to die in order to the police take an action about this problem, the most of windows cleanner get mad if you dont pay a service that you didnt asked for. Im so sorry for this guy that died and hope the police catch the killer, and also that for now the authority give a real solution for this problem.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
The thread about the window cleaner who got killed in SD has been closed due to off topic arguments between DR1 members. Which is a bit sad cause I was following it.

So this seems to be the killer
http://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2013/9/17/48980/WANTED-Armed-and-Dangerous

This is a dangerous country! Y would someone kill another because he has thrown a bottle over your windshield? Was it the APPROPRIATE response? Wow!
The dude is strugglin to live. He probably was in a bad mood by throwing the bottle on the windshield?
Anyway, bad move from that driver! It looks peo0ple do not play here!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This is a dangerous country! Y would someone kill another because he has thrown a bottle over your windshield? Was it the APPROPRIATE response? Wow!
The dude is strugglin to live. He probably was in a bad mood by throwing the bottle on the windshield?
Anyway, bad move from that driver! It looks peo0ple do not play here!

it is not that they do not play here. they just pick the right games. they kill unarmed squeegee men. they beat their wives. they walk into bars and discos with their 9 mm and pick fights with unarmed people to show how tough they are. they fight those whom they can beat. they do not fight those who can stand up to them, or put up a fight. how many times do you see two Dominicans in a fistfight? they stand around for 20 minutes, posturing, insulting and posing, but a blow never gets thrown. both guys are afraid to get hit. it will ruin their macho tough guy image if the other guy cracks them in the chops.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Someone I know says he saw this happening and claims the story is a little different than the press tells it. The guy got out of the car, pushed the guy on the floor , the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
it is not that they do not play here. they just pick the right games. they kill unarmed squeegee men. they beat their wives. they walk into bars and discos with their 9 mm and pick fights with unarmed people to show how tough they are. they fight those whom they can beat. they do not fight those who can stand up to them, or put up a fight. how many times do you see two Dominicans in a fistfight? they stand around for 20 minutes, posturing, insulting and posing, but a blow never gets thrown. both guys are afraid to get hit. it will ruin their macho tough guy image if the other guy cracks them in the chops.

Must change when they are adults because I've break up the occasional schoolyard fight and there are fists flying and connecting. Usually other kids jump in and stop them before anyone gets seriously hurt, but yes I've witnessed (adults) the two roosters yelling insults and threating each other a few times as well. Hopefully they catch this guy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Must change when they are adults because I've break up the occasional schoolyard fight and there are fists flying and connecting. Usually other kids jump in and stop them before anyone gets seriously hurt, but yes I've witnessed (adults) the two roosters yelling insults and threating each other a few times as well. Hopefully they catch this guy.

when you are 10 years old, maybe image is less important. it is a cultural nuance in this land wherein appearance is important. it is far easier to issue the most bellicose of threats, and to walk away having given the appearance of invincibility, than to take a chance at an actual fight, and have the other guy break your snoot. if i had a peso for every threat-fest that i witnessed which never came to blows, i would buy Leon Jimenez. i have actually watched two cops pointing their guns at each other in front of Herminia's in the capital, and it took another cop to step in and take the guns away. in my ancestral home of Jamaica, one ,or both would have been dead.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Someone I know says he saw this happening and claims the story is a little different than the press tells it. The guy got out of the car, pushed the guy on the floor , the gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

It's good to know there are witnesses.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It's good to know there are witnesses.

i have the sneaky suspicion that news of this episode has reached the ears of people in the higher echelons of society, and they too are alarmed. i am sure that the unspoken decision is that this guy has to go. watch for his obituary in the near future. even if they do not kill him in an "exchange of gunfire", he will commit suicide in La Victoria by stabbing himself 34 times.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012

Come on guys. We know too damn well not to judge a whole country for what a crazy person does. I can't say the US is a dangerous country because some coward killed a bunch of unarmed people in a movie theater, or a sicko killed tens of little children in a school. We should know better than that. That guy who killed the other probably has serious issues, let's not bash on the whole population because of that. Remember that people who live in glass houses cannot throw stones at their neighbors.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Come on guys. We know too damn well not to judge a whole country for what a crazy person does. I can't say the US is a dangerous country because some coward killed a bunch of unarmed people in a movie theater, or a sicko killed tens of little children in a school. We should know better than that. That guy who killed the other probably has serious issues, let's not bash on the whole population because of that. Remember that people who live in glass houses cannot throw stones at their neighbors.

Right, but still killing a window cleaner just like you snap fingers... might mean something quite extreme

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
i have the sneaky suspicion that news of this episode has reached the ears of people in the higher echelons of society, and they too are alarmed. i am sure that the unspoken decision is that this guy has to go. watch for his obituary in the near future. even if they do not kill him in an "exchange of gunfire", he will commit suicide in La Victoria by stabbing himself 34 times.

Statistics tell us that one's first suicide attempt is rarely successful......

Oftentimes , you need help.......:eek:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Castle, you misread me. i am actually saying that the incidents such as these, as infrequent as they may be, are generally occasioned by the actions of wannabe tough guy bullies, not real tough guys. i bet you dollars to donuts that this killer would have stayed in his car if he had even the slightest suspicion that the washer was packing, too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
going off a bit for a moment..

Suicide,
years ago a man in Toronto shot and killed his wife... then lacking whatever courage to shoot himself, I guess, chose to jump from whatever floor he was on.

He had the misfortune to land in a pine tree and ricochet his way to ground breaking a leg and an arm.

Determined as he was , he crawled his way back up to his apartment only to find he was locked out!!

A this point he really cracked - had a sort of breakdown in the hallway according to the neighbors, who called the police.

Charged with murder and (I think) attempted suicide..... anyway...

Go directly to JAIL, do not pass GO......

Imagine the poor guy's frustration:confused:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
when you are 10 years old, maybe image is less important. it is a cultural nuance in this land wherein appearance is important. it is far easier to issue the most bellicose of threats, and to walk away having given the appearance of invincibility, than to take a chance at an actual fight, and have the other guy break your snoot.
Kjnd of like a "red line" so to speak...;)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Kjnd of like a "red line" so to speak...;)

in certain aspects, yes. however, in certain red line cases, you are sure that you can break the other guy's ass. if it comes down to a fight, you know you will win. in some cases, you are not so sure, so your actions depend mainly upon posturing.

Status
Not open for further replies.