I Ordered A New Notebook Comp. From Amazon.com.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
An ACER C7 Chromebook.
Only $199 Bucks, Free Shipping to EPS Miami Fl.
Took about a week to arrive here in SD.
Shipping charges were $30 to EPS.
NO CUSTOM's Costs.
I already had a 3 year old model of an ACER Notebook, so I knew I would be happy.
I AM! :bunny::bunny::bunny::classic::classic::classic:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Nice.. I always wondered if a 199$ product would have a customs charge attached.. I ordered a 160$ video card a couple weeks ago and didn't have a charge either.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
THAT's The ONE!
Even though it says ships in 3 t0 4 weeks, mine got all the way here in just over 1 week.
I'm waiting for "Black Friday" to arrive.
My two daughters both want new laptops.
I hope I can find them for just under $200.
Has anyone ordered a computer that cost over $200?
Did you have to pay any Custom's/Aduana charges???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
This year I bought small factor PC's from Dell each 500 USD + and I was charged only ITBIS. A Videocard for almost 600 USD went through without any charges.

I think for Computers and parts there are other rules, that is are not that heavily taxed?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
THAT's The ONE!
Even though it says ships in 3 t0 4 weeks, mine got all the way here in just over 1 week.

The internet version of black friday is cyber monday.. it's the first monday after that weekend.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
THAT's The ONE!

Bought an asus laptop back in july for roughly us$400.
Business mail charged me rd$1,984.73 (still have the e-mail).
Can't break that down, but it was about as much as i expected.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
This year I bought small factor PC's from Dell each 500 USD + and I was charged only ITBIS. A Videocard for almost 600 USD went through without any charges.

I think for Computers and parts there are other rules, that is are not that heavily taxed?

Yes, computers are exempted. Not laptops or servers, though, just desktop computers.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I thought computers are duty-free due to DR-CAFTA.

No, it's not due to DR-CAFTA. It was a local policy in order to "encourage" the use of computers in DR. I think the law dates back to the first government of Leonel, in the 90s.

DR-CAFTA applies only to products 100% (or close to that, anyway) made in any of those countries. Since the components of computers probably have nothing done in any of the DR-CAFTA members, they wouldn't apply.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The, BETTER news, is that the charger for the new computer, has my old computer up & running again.
My new one is still in the box!
"Good Things", happen to "Good People"!!!!!!!
So how come it happened to me???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The first $200 of any Business mail type order is supposed to be import duty free isn't it? Do they count the shipping in that, so if you buy a product for $190 and $20 shipping (to the address in Miami), that you have to pay the import duty on the whole $210?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
The first $200 of any Business mail type order is supposed to be import duty free isn't it? Do they count the shipping in that, so if you buy a product for $190 and $20 shipping (to the address in Miami), that you have to pay the import duty on the whole $210?

Yes. The $200 limit takes into account the shipping too.

May 5, 2007
The, BETTER news, is that the charger for the new computer, has my old computer up & running again.
My new one is still in the box!
"Good Things", happen to "Good People"!!!!!!!
So how come it happened to me???
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Mistake

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Notebook/mini is definitely the way to go. I have a 2013 Amazon Kindle fire for $300 and somewhat disappointed with it. I find my 2011 HP mini notebook is faster, easier to use, doesn't weigh much more, and costs only $200.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Actually, the "Shipping Charges", are NOT part of the total.
Believe me, I know!
My bill was $199 from Amazon, and I paid EPS $30 for the shipping charge.
I order "Stuff" all the time, as long as the purchase price is below $200 it is not charged any Duty, no matter what the shipping charge.
That said, we ALL KNOW that DR Customs is populated with "IDIOTAS", so ANYTHING IS Possible!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Actually, the "Shipping Charges", are NOT part of the total.
Believe me, I know!
My bill was $199 from Amazon, and I paid EPS $30 for the shipping charge.
I order "Stuff" all the time, as long as the purchase price is below $200 it is not charged any Duty, no matter what the shipping charge.
That said, we ALL KNOW that DR Customs is populated with "IDIOTAS", so ANYTHING IS Possible!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Man.. maybe I should order that acer c7 since I am eligible for free shipping on it also.. so it would be 199 total.