Dom Ex and collecting a visa

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
My wife's visa was approved at the US consulate in Santo Domingo yesterday. Who can tell me about the reality of (normally) visas being able to be picked up at the Dom Ex office in Santo Domingo within 2 or so days after the visa is approved?

At the consulate, the Dom Ex folks all insisted it was a 2 to 4 week process for delivery...but folks have told me
you just need to intercept the visa when it arrives from the consulate to the Dom Ex office.

Informed visa advice only please.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
My wife's visa was approved at the US consulate in Santo Domingo yesterday. Who can tell me about the reality of (normally) visas being able to be picked up at the Dom Ex office in Santo Domingo within 2 or so days after the visa is approved?

At the consulate, the Dom Ex folks all insisted it was a 2 to 4 week process for delivery...but folks have told me
you just need to intercept the visa when it arrives from the consulate to the Dom Ex office.

Informed visa advice only please.
Approved on wednesday, delivered on tuesday next week

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
That's essentially what they told us for my daughters U.S. passport renewal through the consulate and we had it back before the end of the next week. Once the approvals are done they move pretty fast. Unless your situation is urgent I would just wait for things to run their course.