Car Financing

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Not sure if asked before, couldn't find it.

Yes, I said before I won't do it, but I could get a new car that way without having the hassle to find the "right" used one etc. ...

I tentatively asked in my BPD branch and I was told after being with the dealer, coming with all the papers, chassis # and so on to the bank and that's it. They would finance 80 % etc.

I had not much time that day and thought later can't be that easy or?

I mean when you want a credit to buy a house you have to leave another house as a guarantee here :) so is it really that easy to get a car financed or are there other requirements I am not aware of yet?

Thanks for your input!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It is easy, if you have a clean record on the credit bureau. No collateral or anything. But a good credit bureau score is paramount.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I think there is no problem with the credit bureau. They just called me that a CC is ready for pickup (I told them I don't really need one b/c I have a MC issued via my employer but the girl was so nice and helpful with the other stuff so I said what the and let her do the solicitation lol).

I guess I wouldn't get the CC (international) if I had issues with something like the credit bureau.

I asked her about car financing and she told me they finance new cars and used ones up to 6 years old depending the model / brand.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Checking their online solicitation form for a prestamo for a new car they indeed ask for personal guarantees and another car for their security despite keeping the matricula and having my accounts there. :( Unbelievable.

Question is if they really enforce all that or does it depend on the bank loan officer?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Btw. In Germany one can get his record from the credit bureau for a fee. Do they have that here too?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
And what do the banks with cars they take away from those who can't follow up the financing? Shouldn't there be some deals possible?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There are tons of folks who finance cars. The interest runs 2.5-3.5% per month, but credit is definitely there. In fact, didn't the DCND-or somebody-just say loan companies are among the most prevalent means to launder drug money?

Banks have marginally lower rates but they still are dog-choking compared to US rates...unless you catch a promotional deal, and then the price of the car is high because the dealer kicks $$$ back to the bank to offset the lower interest rates, like buying the rate down.

A solid used car financed at a higher rate may still be a better deal, at the end of the day, than a new car bought at lower interest rates.