ASSISTANCE POR FAVOR RE: RENEWING PLATES de placa ONLINE http://www.dgii.gob.do/

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I might be mistaken but I don't think they've started renewing plates yet. Usually they publish it in the newspapers and it's on the news and DR1. The link is also normally on the main page of DGII. You simply need your cedula, licence plate I think and it'll tell you how much it is. You pay online with a credit card, enter the address where you want the sticker delivered and within 2 weeks, voila! Piece of cake.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There is no changing plates (unless you would have a government or exonerated plate, these change this year). There is the yearly marbete, of which renewal starts in October, you can change until end of year and pay in three installments.

Then there is the revista, which since years ago was only paying a small tax and you wouldn't need to have your vehicle checked, neither were there any stickers to prove you had the new revista. That changed, you have until December I think to get that done. They check if your vehicle is able to drive, if you have a fire extinguisher, warning sign and first aid kit. Next year they hay they will do thorough checks in a workshop (don't see that happening).

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Thanks. My neighbor offers to bring me said sticker for 500 pesos. That sound about right?
Der Fish
If you deem the service of bringing that sticker worth 455 pesos, then it sounds right, the tax is 45 pesos. It's hassle free to get it.